Sign in to follow this  
Turk10mm

Axis and Ohs - Bug Creating Mappings

Good morning, 

I've created a video of a bug i'm experiencing in creating new mappings.  Essentially, when I create a mapping the correct variable for the action is not being written.  If i manually update the xml with the correct mapping it works.  Don't ask me how i found the right mapping, because i don't know.  Somehow I was able to create one mapping that had the correct number by accident, though i cannot reproduce how I did it.  Please see the video below for a clear display of what's happening. 

https://youtu.be/z8_PeRVMRgM

Would you provide a numerical listing of the commands so that I can work on configuring the application manually?  Interestingly, the heading bug with a value of 1 worked without any problems.  So i'm not certain what the actual issue is.  

I did purchase the full version today.  

Turk

1 hour ago, Turk10mm said:

when I create a mapping the correct variable for the action is not being written

This is a bug. Normally there INC/DEC events don't have a value, they are triggered or not (hence the 0, 1). In this special case that seems to be different, the value is the increment or decrement, and by setting it to 63 you told the app that you want a change by 63ft (leaving it at 1 changes the ref alt, but only by 1ft, so the correct values should be 100 - but for some events you man have to convert from meters). I need to check this with the other sims.

The issue here is that the max/min values for these events are hard coded to 0 and 1. Bug has been noted to be fixed in version 1.70.

Would you provide a numerical listing of the commands so that I can work on configuring the application manually

I'm sorry, but I don't understand that one. There is no numerical listing. The commands are the string literals that you see in the app, that is their ID. What you are setting in the XML is the "amount" of increment/decrement.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I did purchase the full version today. 

Send me a message here in the forum with your order number and I will provide a link to my current devel version where this bug has been fixed.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver, coming up.  If its fixed, i assume i won't need to ask what the number is for decreasing 100ft?  63 increases 100ft, but 63 does not decrease 100ft.  

29 minutes ago, Turk10mm said:

Thanks Oliver, coming up.  If its fixed, i assume i won't need to ask what the number is for decreasing 100ft?  63 increases 100ft, but 63 does not decrease 100ft.  

Did you try 100?

LORBY-SI

ok, this works.  Now i'm starting to understand.  When i set the incr and decr both with a value of 100 the knobs work as expected.  Anything other than 100/100 and only one works.  

Just now, Turk10mm said:

ok, this works.  Now i'm starting to understand.  When i set the incr and decr both with a value of 100 the knobs work as expected.  Anything other than 100/100 and only one works.  

Don't think so. The value seems to be in feet. So when you want a change by 100 feet, you set 100 as the value. Want a change by 1000 feet, you set 1000. Nothing more to it.

The value 63 was completely wrong, because it changes the ref alt by 63 feet. If the simulator applies rounding etc., up and down will have different results.

LORBY-SI

Great, that's perfect!  63 was a red herring for me.  changing to 1000 works perfectly.  now i have two knobs, a course for 1000 ft and another for 100 ft increments.  now we're getting somewhere!  i have to go to bed but I'll look forward to a dev version when you have time to work on it and release it.  

FYI, as soon as i get this working I'll be creating a how-to on the MSFS forum.  The vjoy solution and python script is not an idea solution.  your tool is much more specific.  

11 minutes ago, Turk10mm said:

FYI, as soon as i get this working I'll be creating a how-to on the MSFS forum.  The vjoy solution and python script is not an idea solution.  your tool is much more specific. 

Please take your time - the new version won't be released before the next MSFS update. I'm not expecting major issues, but you never know.

LORBY-SI

Definitely, its a work in progress.  For the time being I'm saving a backup of the xml after every button creation because deleting messes everything up.  I'm considering creating the rest of the buttons and encoders manually in the xml since i have a pretty good idea of what the UI is doing.  

4 minutes ago, Turk10mm said:

because deleting messes everything up

Should no longer be the case in the 1.70 build that I sent you.

Btw., the config database is saved in multiple generations. So if something breaks, you can just use a previous incarnation simpley by renaming the file.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI