Sign in to follow this  
AirmanMiG21

Feedback for LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS

As a Flight Simulator fan, I bought the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. And i had a surprise, but the surprise wasn't the game experience itself, it was the missing mouse yoke option.
I have made an external option for this, but as well I tried others options, like LorbyAxisAndOhs. I made a full flight with LorbyAxis in order to test it, I have a video of the take off and the landing: https://youtu.be/P1TrE2P2urI 
I have some feedback that would probably make this mod the best mouse yoke, until now.

- First, when you toggle it, it is not centered. That feels like a scratch on the eye. :D 

- Second, if you fully drag your mouse outside the deadzone, you will drag the whole window of control with you, meaning you will reposition the whole neutral position. It's like a cat caught in a box, walking, taking the box with her. That can let you without one of the zones of controls, and as you can see in my video, on the landing it's uncontrollable.
 - You should also leave the cursor icon there, without it it's like this: imagine a pilot who cannot feel his yoke. It's impossible to fly xD.

Thank you,

Airman.

(I can call myself a well experienced mouse flyer in flight simulators, as i played all my life with mouse, having thousands of hours with it.)

1 hour ago, AirmanMiG21 said:

- First, when you toggle it, it is not centered. That feels like a scratch on the eye. 😄

- Second, if you fully drag your mouse outside the deadzone, you will drag the whole window of control with you, meaning you will reposition the whole neutral position. It's like a cat caught in a box, walking, taking the box with her. That can let you without one of the zones of controls, and as you can see in my video, on the landing it's uncontrollable.

- You should also leave the cursor icon there, without it it's like this: imagine a pilot who cannot feel his yoke. It's impossible to fly xD.

First - it is centered - on your screen - to maximize the usable area for mouse movement. Are you saying that I should center your controls too? That doesn't feel right, I wanted to have the option to get out of mouse yoke in a turn and return to the same yoke orientation. Should I add some kind of "trim" option, so the mouse is re-centered on screen while the yoke remains in its position?

Second - I will have to try that - sounds odd. Or I misunderstand it. Could you point me to the timestamp in the video where I can see what you mean?
Edit: I think that you should increase the mouse sensitivity for flying, to reduce the phyiscal amout of mouse travel - check the Tools menu, the option is in there.

Third - OK, I will make that optional then.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

First - it is centered - on your screen - to maximize the usable area for mouse movement. Are you saying that I should center your controls too? That doesn't feel right, I wanted to have the option to get out of mouse yoke in a turn and return to the same yoke orientation. Should I add some kind of "trim" option, so the mouse is re-centered on screen while the yoke remains in its position?

Second - I will have to try that - sounds odd. Or I misunderstand it. Could you point me to the timestamp in the video where I can see what you mean?
Edit: I think that you should increase the mouse sensitivity for flying, to reduce the phyiscal amout of mouse travel - check the Tools menu, the option is in there.

Third - OK, I will make that optional then.

Best regards

Hey, thank you for the answer.
So changing sensitivity worked for "Second".
But for First i mean this: 

I mean when i toggle the mouse yoke, it starts a bit to the left and a bit up. I need to adjust it by moving the controls all the time. 
How can i make it be in the middle when i toggle it?

Thank you,
Airman.

How can i make it be in the middle when i toggle it?

Hmmm, that looks weird. Definitely doesn't happen to me. The app uses the dimensions of your main Windows screen to determine the center. Are you running a different resolution in the sim than in Windows? Or is the sim running in Windowed mode? 

LORBY-SI

I may have a solution for the off-center thing in the next version. And a "trim" function that just resets the cursor to the center without affecting the flight controls. That way you can "point and drag".

If you send me a message here in the forum with your order number from SimMarket, I will provide a link to my current devel version, so you can try it. That also has the optional mouse cursor hide/change thing (= you can hide it entirely or display a "cross" cursor when the mouse yoke is active). Hiding the cursor is a bit risky though, should anything happen to the app while mouse yoke is on, you will end up with no mouse cursor, until your restart your computer.

best regards

LORBY-SI

Version 1.70 has been released.

Mouse yoke/rudder/throttle/spoilers now has a "trim" option: you can use the left mouse button to re-center the mouse cursor at any time. That way you don't have to "jump" so much when using a physical mouse.

Initial center position should be corret too now.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI