Sign in to follow this  
MajorTom

White Terrain Above 8500 MSL

I've got a very annoying problem with white terrain showing up anytime I climb above 8500 feet. As you can see in the attachments, the white terrain is below the aircraft; terrain and sky above the aircraft is fine. As soon as I descend below 8500 feet the terrain is fine. First attachment is above 8500; second is below 8500.Sliders are at default which are all on low with autogen and traffic off. Scenery complexity is sparse. I'm getting solid 13-15 fps away from major airports without any blurries or stutters.I've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers (91.47), tried FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION edits from 0.13-0.53. I'm also using Ken Slater's FS AutoStart to maximize resources with my very low end hardware.Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas besides upgrading my hardware?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I've got a very annoying problem with white terrain showing>up anytime I climb above 8500 feet. As you can see in the>attachments, the white terrain is below the aircraft; terrain>and sky above the aircraft is fine. As soon as I descend>below 8500 feet the terrain is fine. First attachment is>above 8500; second is below 8500.>>Sliders are at default which are all on low with autogen and>traffic off. Scenery complexity is sparse. I'm getting solid>13-15 fps away from major airports without any blurries or>stutters.>>I've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers (91.47), tried>FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION edits from 0.13-0.53. I'm also>using Ken Slater's FS AutoStart to maximize resources with my>very low end hardware.>>Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas besides>upgrading my hardware? Check with the folks at www.guru3d.com. They are technially very good and might know of other drivers for you to use. I use the 92.91 from guru3d.

Thanks, Jim! It is a haze layer; clear weather eliminated it. Between my low end hardware and low weather settings it looks like a problem with the sim instead of haze.Thanks again my friend! :-wave