Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

AxisAndOhs p3dv5 (1.61 b04)

Hello, Oliver,

So, I finally wanted to switch from fsuipc to AxisAndOhs in p3dv5 - but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have been a good idea...
I have massive problems with AxisAndOhs p3dv5 with the assignment of buttons !
The axis assignment works quite well, only the button assignment is a pure chaos 😞
When adding new assignments (OK Button) often nothing works at all, often a double entry with the exact same name is created, and unfortunately even worse - existing other entries are simply deleted !?
Virtual keys often do not work at all - or only after the second or third press of the button...

I have installed version 1.61 b04 - is there anything newer or what are my problems with this program? 

I am grateful for any help
Greetings
gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

If you need support, please use the contact form or send me an email. A forum is no place to troubleshoot issues that require a ton of information like logfiles etc.  

17 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

what are my problems with this program

Impossible to tell from afar. Is this the demo or the retail version?

Buttons never presented any problems, so I need specifics about what exactly you are doing and what controllers you are doing it with (Joystick buttons, Keyboard keys, MIDI devices - ??)

Virtual keys only work when the window where they are supposed to be sent to has the focus.

Yes, there is a new version, the 1.70. The list of features and bugfixes for that is in this very forum. But it will not be released until the next update for MSFS is out.

20 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

I finally wanted to switch from fsuipc to AxisAndOhs in p3dv5

I'm not sure that is a good idea. AAO is not a replacement for FSUIPC, it can't be. It is just another app that does something partly similar to a specific feature of FSUIPC.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

34 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Virtual keys only work when the window where they are supposed to be sent to has the focus.

Okay, then at least I know what it is 🙂 

37 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

AAO is not a replacement for FSUIPC

I'm already aware of this fact - I only mean the part with the key assignments - but in this case obviously no real replacement for me...

Thanks for your quick answer

regards

ggeroalmo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

2 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

but in this case

What you describe is neither normal nor expected behavior. The only button related bug that I do know about is that AAO will in most cases not delete the button that you intended when you press the "-" key. This has been fixed in 1.70, but in your version, when you do a lot of editing (adding and removing and adding again), things will get out of whack. I am not aware of any issues when adding buttons though - I would require a lot more information to analyze what is happening on your end.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI