Sign in to follow this  
daveep

QW787 CDU popup using MCE

When flying QW787 and MCE and call for a checklist the CDU pops up. Very annoying. I post here since it only happens when using MCE. Is there a way to stop it?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, daveep said:

When flying QW787 and MCE and call for a checklist the CDU pops up. Very annoying. I post here since it only happens when using MCE. Is there a way to stop it?

You'll be glad to know that there is already an option to prevent that.

Before you do so, here is the explanation.

Unlike with FSX where FO can interact with ECL directly in VC, in Prepar3D he needs the pop-up the ECL panel in order to click individual lines.

You can mitigate what may appear as an issue by setting 2D panel transparency to 100% (assuming you're not using any other 2D panel). That way you won't notice he's pulling the 2D panel.

If it's a no go for you, here is the option to disable that behavior.

Go to \Pepar3D v4/orV5\MCE dlls\ folder

If you don't have a file named "mcqw787.ini", create a new text document and name it "mcqw787.txt".

Edit the file by adding this section to it

[OPTIONS]

UseEcl2Dpanel=0

Save the file, then rename it to "mcqw787.ini"

• Like 1

Thank you. If I want to go the file route fix, but already have the mcqw787.ini, do I edit it (not sure how), or create a new one (I do know how)?

1 hour ago, daveep said:

Thank you. If I want to go the file route fix, but already have the mcqw787.ini, do I edit it (not sure how), or create a new one (I do know how)?

Yes, edit it.

Make sure it has a [OPTIONS] section and ensure "UseEcl2Dpanel=0"

Add the line to the section if missing.

UseEcl2Dpanel=0

When the file is missing, it defaults to 1 (Use 2D panel)

Thank you so much Gerald, can confirm it works absolutely perfect now, so this issue is finally fixed!

Perhaps in future mce version this edit could be an option tick box under sim or more options?

Thanks again 🙂

Shane Burrows

P3Dv5