Sign in to follow this  
craigeaglefire

will Quest 2 replace the Rift S?

I was hoping Q2 might be the next one for me, but it's starting to sound like there are a couple of compromises regarding persistence/latency affecting clarity during movement and a slightly smaller FOV than Q1.

I'm trying to find a through the lens video I watched last week. It showed Xplane 11 gauges and distant objects. It's hard to judge from a youtube video but overall clarity didn't look as improved as the Reverb G2 videos, and did show a noticeable smudging / ghosting effect during movement, which I'm assuming is the latency/persistence issue. It's was most severe in bright high contrast areas. It mentioned this might be fixed in a later firmware update.

This video kind of demonstrates the ghosting but not as well.

https://youtu.be/s2b-hRvez1g?t=437

I still can't find the x-plane gauges video, but this video from today shows the ghosting (looks like motion blur turned on) with the quest 2 where there's fast movement