Sign in to follow this  
Flyfaster_MTN002

King Air 350 G3000 screens split + MFD went out mid-flight!

Anyone else seen this? It kept split screening on its own, and then out of nowhere the MFD goes black. Yes have things set to no failures. Or did they get reset after the patch?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Interesting.  The same thing happened to me back when Hurricane Laura was happening in the gulf - I only mention that because it unintentionally became one of my more interesting flights....

I was flying around and about trying to see if the sim modelled the hurricane's eye properly when boom all of the screens go black.  Rather than restarting tho I decided to play it as a failure, quite interesting as I had no altitude info, nor artificial horizon airspeed etc.. and NO visibility.  I also was NOT using the autopilot because of.. (well you all know how well it worked at the time 😉 )  I kept trying to think of things to do, and decided to try my best to ease my altitude down (I knew I was at around 6000' when it went out).  I kept limited bearings with very occasional gaps in the clouds.. it was scary (as much as simulated scary gets).  Eventually I dropped low enough that I could see the water (couldnt have been more than 100-200' above the surf with the visibility.  THAT actually became my artificial horizon!  The compass was one of the few instruments that I had at my disposal so I stuck it out and flew straight north until I hit land somewhere on the Louisiana coast.  I then fished around and found a flat enough clearing to do a landing and pulled it off (well a bit of a rough landing to be honest).  Regardless of how real any of this was, it remains high on my list of fun sim experiences I've had so far.

... lol .. I'm sure this has nothing to do with what you were trying to find out with your post, but wanted to share anyway!

Yes, I had to cycle the master avionics switch. Happened in another ac also. Seems to be a bug induced in the update.