Sign in to follow this  
mauriceb

DEFAULT COCKPIT VIEW. Can you get there with one key

Just now, MauBen said:

End key never does the same thing for me anyway. . I just tried it and what it does depends on where I am. It does not bring me back to the default cockpit view in every occasion.

That's weird, mine does, every time -- cycles between external and VC.  That's a default mapping, I haven't changed it so far.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

That's weird, mine does, every time -- cycles between external and VC.  That's a default mapping, I haven't changed it so far.

It does cycle between external and VC. But if I move the external view just a little, it's ok, but if I move it a lot, the end key tales me back to a different part of the cockpit, not the default view. And if I am in a showcase window, then it does nothing.

Anyway, the showcase views is what I was mostly interested in as I use it a lot. And getting back from the showcase view to the default view is a real hassle if I even can. Most times, back to the toolbar on top.

Thanks

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

45 minutes ago, MauBen said:

It does cycle between external and VC. But if I move the external view just a little, it's ok, but if I move it a lot, the end key tales me back to a different part of the cockpit, not the default view. And if I am in a showcase window, then it does nothing.

Ah, I see what you mean.  It seems that if you move around much, it takes you where you moved to, not necessarily a "default" seating location.  I haven't messed with MSFS enough yet to know if there is a reset view command.

Rhett

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

Ah, I see what you mean.  It seems that if you move around much, it takes you where you moved to, not necessarily a "default" seating location.  I haven't messed with MSFS enough yet to know if there is a reset view command.

Yeah, that was part of my point...it does not always return to where you want it to return 🙂. There is a reset view command, but I wanted just one button push to get back to default position and that is not always possible. I wish there was the program I use in XPlane to switch views...X camera. With that one, one click is all that is needed from anywhere. 

On 9/19/2020 at 10:36 PM, mauriceb said:

Yeah, that was part of my point...it does not always return to where you want it to return 🙂. There is a reset view command, but I wanted just one button push to get back to default position and that is not always possible. I wish there was the program I use in XPlane to switch views...X camera. With that one, one click is all that is needed from anywhere. 

@MauBen et al I think I found it -- 

under "CONTROLS" --> "Camera" --> "Cockpit Camera" -- relevant command is "Reset Cockpit View"

...I see default bindings as Joystick Button 2, and/or Keyboard command Ctrl+Space or "f" it seems.  I tested joy btn 2 and it did indeed reset me back to a straight-ahead/default view even if I had translated around with the arrow keys or similar already.

Rhett

8 hours ago, Mace said:

@MauBen et al I think I found it -- 

under "CONTROLS" --> "Camera" --> "Cockpit Camera" -- relevant command is "Reset Cockpit View"

...I see default bindings as Joystick Button 2, and/or Keyboard command Ctrl+Space or "f" it seems.  I tested joy btn 2 and it did indeed reset me back to a straight-ahead/default view even if I had translated around with the arrow keys or similar already.

Ok, but that is not what I was asking. I don’t think I made myself clear, so here is exactly what I would like:

How I can assign ONE button on a joystick (call it button A) to do the following function...Bring me back to the default pilot view EVERYTIME, no matter what my current view is, whether it is inside, outside or in one of the Showcase views. 

But there are conditions, so these are the conditions:

You MUST start in the default pilot view, go to an OUSIDE view and FROM THERE, go to any SHOWCASE view. Once you are in a showcase view, ONE click and ONE click only on Button A should bring you back to the default cockpit view.  I don’t care how you get to the outside or showcase view, whether with a button or from the top menu

In other words, I don’t want to fumble with views by pressing on more than one button to get back to the default cockpit view. I really do not think this is possible right now.

Thanks

If you came back to cockpit building you wouldn't have to worry about this. J/K of course. I cant help with your problem but I hope you are doing well.

2 minutes ago, Garys said:

If you came back to cockpit building you wouldn't have to worry about this. J/K of course. I cant help with your problem but I hope you are doing well.

Are you kidding? The reason I dumped my old cockpit was precisely because it was riddled with problems. These MSFS problems are peanuts by comparison &  once they add virtual reality, this will be a lot more fun, especially bush flying 😁 . Also, not stuck flying the same type of plane all the time. Variety is the spice of life 😂

12 hours ago, Garys said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=j%2Fk

I agree, I'm also looking fwd to VR for the exact same reasons. 

Ps...I did not know about the urbandictionary definition of J/K, but I did guess it meant Just kidding. My question are you kidding? was not really a question at all, It was just my way to put down cockpit building as a hobby 🤣🤣🤣