Sign in to follow this  
remilton

Proof that FSX can perform with correct hardware.

>>i do believe we are not being insulting. I believe that this>is basically a case of "penis envy". Are you ######? Jealous?>that we have top of the line hardware? That FSX runs good on>our systems? As far as default settings...i am Not running>default settings...i have pretty much everything maxed. AI? >I am also running commercial and ga ai at 35%. Far cry from>none. >And guess what? i didnt spend 3 housand dollars for this>system. I'm willing to bet you have spent more on add-ons for>FS9 to make it look ALMOST as good as FSX as i did for this>system.:-loljealous? "penis envy"? :-lolno, its called being smart financially. I built a custom PC for 2 thousand dollars almost 2 years ago, and there is no way I am going to drop down that same amount now or anytime within the next few months. Being smart with your money means that I don't go out and buy the latest and greatest, especially if what is out now and what I spent hundreds of hours working on is still perfectly fine. There are zero huge benefits to FSX infact there are numerous steps backwards. The reasons to go to FSX are not enough for anyone but someone who wants to show off their faux masculinity by being proud thinking they are special and insulting anyone who gets in their way by claiming they must be jealous. How childishand what looks better in FSX compared to FS9 with addons? The airplanes, nope. the textures? most certainly not. the terrain? :-lol landclass? :-lol again airport scenery? :-lol :-lol :-lol OK how about city scenery? not even close! weather? :-lol again!I'm sorry but this battle is lost. The only benefit you claim is a better flight model, and its obvious the flight model is almost unchanged, the only difference you are seeing is just flying the default airplanes and their awful flight dynamics, which give you this odd sense of being out of control. Try flying a jet that rockets through the air in FS9 like in real life, but in FSX the default 747, learjet, etc all feel like they are one step away from tumbling over and crashing to the ground

Guest kittie

This is what I was saying before in the hardware section. I guess not as many people read that area. I am having great results on FSX and unbelievable on FS9. I hit 180fps in spot view with the md11 Activesky 6 and passing a mountian (so not pointing up at the blue sky - lol). In FSX it's just steady at 20 what I locked it off too.My screen is 1600x1200System specs:Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz 4MB Cache Dual-CoreAsus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe - Gaming NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-8500C5 2GB Thermaltake Black Armor Full-Tower ATX Case GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual GPU Video Card 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E Dual Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10000RPM NCQ SATA Hard Drive Windowed Top x2 in raid 0Thermaltake ToughPower750-Watt ATXCreative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum PCI Sound CardZalman FATAL1TY FS-V7 Copper VGA Cooler 80MM:-wave

well of course you're going to get good performance, your computer right there is at least 2 thousand dollars in hardware, if you purchased a prebuilt one it will be more like 3k or 4

Guest kittie

:D Ha, I wish 2 thousand... In Can it was 5G's for that system.

Please! Alex - fer Pete's sake - stop responding to troll talk! :-)You know better!All this garbage will go away in a few months and MS will fix the bad bits sooner or later. Everybody's spending habits are all different, so them that has - will play with one or both; them that hasn't - will play with FS9. FS9 is still a VERY enjoyable sim with the GREATEST addons we've ever had. :-) Besides which - all components are coming down in price, as new components come on the market. I'm not waiting for DX10, and I won't, not only because of the issues we're seeing here, but with other issues too. I would say the X-Plane needs more development/ers, because it has a very real potential to push FSX off my hard drive. It would happen, too - if the developer community put in the time/effort that they have done for FS9. It could be more rewarding for them, as the flight model methodology is vastly superior to that of the MS sim. It needs to be a little more user friendly, some better, (less cartoonish) graphics, some decent airports, and we'd be there.(. .oh - yeah - it's not a battle. I do understand the struggle to justify dollars on a pc. It's a toy - and nobody else's business where your money goes. My wife and I were in a position just over ten years ago where I was begging used tires for my ten-year-old K-car at $5 a tire, because we couldn't afford new.) :-beerchugRegards

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.