Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

Questions for MSFS

Just a couple of questions and a observation.

Firstly, 20 minutes isn't enough time to get anything done. I was halfway through removing assignments and restarting MFS and poof. With a better approach I might have made a small flight after assignments in 20 minutes, but I doubt it. (I'm slow).

Is there not a Throttle map? There is one for throttle 1 or throttle 2 and so on. But, not for Throttle. This allows having a single throttle slider for use with both single and multi-engine aircraft in MFS.

The is last one is probably obvious, but here goes: you need to unassign all axis assignments in MFS before starting/using this software? And, after unassigning you need to restart MFS?

Thanks. Looks interesting, but I'll need more info before I can go with it.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

36 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Is there not a Throttle map? There is one for throttle 1 or throttle 2 and so on. But, not for Throttle. This allows having a single throttle slider for use with both single and multi-engine aircraft in MFS.

The assignments are not exclusive. Just map 2/3/4 to the same slider.

36 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

The is last one is probably obvious, but here goes: you need to unassign all axis assignments in MFS before starting/using this software? And, after unassigning you need to restart MFS?

There are still many events in MSFS that can only be accessed by assigning a controller in-sim. So the app was designed that you can use both in parallel. Naturally, you must make sure that the same Joystick axis or button isn't assigned to two things at the same time (= in AAO and in the simulator). AFAIK you don't have to restart MSFS when making changes to the controller assignment.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the reply. I figured out you can restart the demo after the time limit. So...nevermind about that.

Looks good. I'll give it a go.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS