Sign in to follow this  
Guest babua

It's interesting...

It's really kind of interesting to read these forums on a daily basis and then compare what I've been reading with the results of the FSX survey. Even though the survey was just announced today, many hundreds of simmers have responded to it already. The results so far show a mostly "good" as opposed to poor or very poor or very good or excellent. Of course the results maybe be skewed a little as some folks will put excellent just to alter the results a little in favor of their own opinions and the same goes for those who vote very poor for the exact same reason, and I also predict that there are those who voted who do not have the FSX yet. I voted honestly, it's all about integrity, please before you vote, remember this post and vote fairly, I for one would love to see a totally unbiased result, I know that's not possible, but let's get as close as we can. Also, I think the results so far are quite typical of a new sim just after release. In a couple of years from now, it would be interesting to see this survey again and I imagine that results would show users rating the sim in the very good to excellent.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Water Mango

I predicted the results would be mostly favorable towards FSX. There are allot of reasons for this but it does us no good to romanticize the sim when major things need to get fixed. People don't get it, when you do this kind of thing nothing get

Yeah-if you read Taildraggers post one of the proposed "fixes" will be to remove sliders and have the software configure your computer with what it thinks are ideal settings. What a shame...but I guess it will keep future complaining down as there will be no choices but to take it as it is.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest babua

>Yeah-if you read Taildraggers post one of the proposed "fixes" will >be to remove sliders and have the software configure your computer >with what it thinks are ideal settings.OMG! That would be the most stupid thing ACES can do! The sheer variety of CPUS, clock speed FSB speed and GPUS available, its near impossible to get the optimal setting through software which will be liked by the user. Moreover, after I install a new add-on and/or change in game configs like scenery etc will it re-calculate and determine again? They could not get the AMD CPU default setting correct!Why is it that big companies think we are morons and everything needs to be dumbed down?

Probably because of the huge complaining that is done before people even begin to understand, try, or look into what the program (and sliders) are about. FuIII is the classic example of this. One gets what one asks for..."Why is it that big companies think we are morons and everything needs to be dumbed down?"The answer seems fairly obvious...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Yes that would set a new benchmark for stupidity even for MS!Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest garwig2

>Yeah-if you read Taildraggers post one of the proposed>"fixes" will be to remove sliders and have the software>configure your computer with what it thinks are ideal>settings...TDragger did *not* say this was a proposal for FSX. What he said was:"I'm advocating removing sliders from the project I'm working on now..."For those who are not aware, TDragger is no longer assigned to work on FS and is working on other projects at the studio. He was talking about these new projects when he made that statement.

>Not sure about that interpretation-he and I had several>banters about it in the thread. Unfortunately the thread is>not around now.I was looking for the thread too. As I remember, the discussion was about FSX, and the eliminating the slider idea for a different project, was talked about as a possible solution for the Flight Sim series. I know that many of us replied "negative" to that. Of course it was just a thought, considering so many have no self control on keeping the sliders in check. :7 L.Adamson

Guest babua

I hope the Audi guys dont read these posts! Else tomorrow they'll tell me they'll determine the best seat height, recline, rear view mirror position for me through their in-dash software!! I am a mere warm body model what do I know?