Sign in to follow this  
Guest Valkyrie321

Activation

Guest thx1137

Here is a warning. I was playing a bit with overclocking and running FS then saw a msg that new nvidia drivers are out. I uninstalled the old drivers, rebooted, ran Driver Cleaner Pro then installed the new nvidia drivers, rebooted again, then tried running FSX an FSX claimed I needed to Activate the product again. So much for only having to activate after making "significant" hardware changes. As this is on my new PC it means I had no activation left (you get 2) so I guess I have to beg MS for forgivness.On the second reboot I reset my processors HT setting back to 5 so maybe thats why. Either way, not impressed. Needless to say that I have to ring their hotline but FSX isn't one of the options, in Australia anyway.

>Here is a warning. >>I was playing a bit with overclocking and running FS then saw>a msg that new nvidia drivers are out. I uninstalled the old>drivers, rebooted, ran Driver Cleaner Pro then installed the>new nvidia drivers, rebooted again, then tried running FSX an>FSX claimed I needed to Activate the product again. So much>for only having to activate after making "significant">hardware changes. As this is on my new PC it means I had no>activation left (you get 2) so I guess I have to beg MS for>forgivness.>>On the second reboot I reset my processors HT setting back to>5 so maybe thats why. Either way, not impressed. >>Needless to say that I have to ring their hotline but FSX>isn't one of the options, in Australia anyway.I installed fsx three times so far and didn't need to call. If you have to call, similar to install the os, it's not a big deal.

Guest thx1137

The activation screen lets us pick out country then provides a phone number.As far as not a big deal goes, maybe not but it was a hassle. I ended up finding a 'fix' for it so I can fly between today and monday at least. I own 6-7 ebooks from MS and they will not allow me to reactivate those so I can read them on my current PDA. It seems I upgrade to often so I don't trust them a whole lot.

Guest PZL

After reading different posts on this.... I have a copy of FSX, can I install it on my laptop AND my desktop unit ? Some posts say 1 copy on 1 PC... others say 2 installs on different PCs from 1 copy is OK as well ? Who do I believe ?

Guest Ozzie

>>Here is a warning. >>>>I was playing a bit with overclocking and running FS then>saw>>a msg that new nvidia drivers are out. I uninstalled the old>>drivers, rebooted, ran Driver Cleaner Pro then installed the>>new nvidia drivers, rebooted again, then tried running FSX>an>>FSX claimed I needed to Activate the product again. So much>>for only having to activate after making "significant">>hardware changes. As this is on my new PC it means I had no>>activation left (you get 2) so I guess I have to beg MS for>>forgivness.>>>>On the second reboot I reset my processors HT setting back>to>>5 so maybe thats why. Either way, not impressed. >>>>Needless to say that I have to ring their hotline but FSX>>isn't one of the options, in Australia anyway.>>I installed fsx three times so far and didn't need to call. If>you have to call, similar to install the os, it's not a big>deal.>That may be great for people in your area - BUT for people in Australia it is quite disconcerting to be "switched" to another Country (IF you can ever find the number) and then be Laughed at and called a thief in broken English is somewhat of a P*SSOFFBeen there - done that - NOT IMPRESSED

Interesting, I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and didn't need to re-activate. Courious.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest Valkyrie321

Strange. I have been tweaking my mobo settings for my memory and CPU, along with upgrading to new video drivers along with an uninstall and fresh install of FSX and have YET to have any issues with the activation service.