Sign in to follow this  
Michel0079

(Push to talk) PTT not working with joystick or keyboard

Hi, 

I started the trial of Pilot2ATC. I like it so far but unfortunately the assigning of buttons is not working here. In the menu it does 'say' it linked PTT to a certain button on keyboard or joystick, but it actually is not working. I still have to alt tab to pilot2atc to be able to use PTT over there, which is obviously not workable when on final 🙂.

Can anyone point on a possible solution? Thanks.

Further i use FSUIPC 7 beta. 

Kind regards,

Michel

I checked it out, and it should work in the current version.

On the Btns tab of Config, there is a check box at the bottom of the page to "Require P2A or SIM Focus".

Do you have that box checked?

Also, check to be sure you don't have the button you are using for P2A PTT set in MSFS or any other program to do any function.  Those programs may be receiving the button press first and not letting it get to P2A.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

It seemed i had to set the PTT in Button menu as well (thanks for leading me there). I was just looking in the Speech menu. Happy it works.😄 

Michel

I have the same PTT issue.  I just updated to 2441 from previous 2431.  The joystick button no longer engages the PTT on neither x11 nor x12.  I have only the x-plane simulators.  Is this a bug?

Thank you

Issue resolved.

I first tried clearing and resetting the button.  The button was recognized but the PTT still did not engage.  I then changed the Win10 sound setting from default to the headset being used.  That did not solve the issue either. 

Then I reset the button in P2A config on a different hardware (the yoke this time).  That worked.  Then I reset the button back to the original hardware button that was previously not working.  It now works.