Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Simconnect Woes

I cannot get apps that communicate with MSFS20 via Simconnect to work. Apps include FS2Crew A320, Rex Weather Force 2020, LittleNavMap and Pushback Helper.

I uninstalled MSFS20 and deleted all its folders and verified nothing was left over by searching the Registry for anything with name Flight Simulator and Simconnect. I do have Simconnect installed for P3D v5 but don't see how that would interfere with MSFS20.

So my question is:

1.) I know some of these apps have their own Simconnect but how do I know if the MSFS20 Simconnect is installed and active?

2.) Do I need to install the SDK in order for Simconnect to work?

3.) Are there any startup or configuration files for Simconnect? I know in P3D there was a Simconnect.xml; and maybe exe.xml and dll.xml. Not sure if any of this applies to MSFS20.

Its really frustrating and clearly its working for others so I'm not sure what's happening since there are no obvious error messages.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

15 minutes ago, rwalls said:

I cannot get apps that communicate with MSFS20 via Simconnect to work. Apps include FS2Crew A320, Rex Weather Force 2020, LittleNavMap and Pushback Helper.

I uninstalled MSFS20 and deleted all its folders and verified nothing was left over by searching the Registry for anything with name Flight Simulator and Simconnect. I do have Simconnect installed for P3D v5 but don't see how that would interfere with MSFS20.

So my question is:

1.) I know some of these apps have their own Simconnect but how do I know if the MSFS20 Simconnect is installed and active?

3.) Are there any startup or configuration files for Simconnect? I know in P3D there was a Simconnect.xml; and maybe exe.xml and dll.xml. Not sure if any of this applies to MSFS20.

Its really frustrating and clearly its working for others so I'm not sure what's happening since there are no obvious error messages.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

You did not have to uninstall MSFS, if you goto W10 settings in the start menu, click on Apps and scroll down you will find Simconnect Client, You can either modify/repair or uninstall it from here, Then goto Microsoft store app and reinstall.

Edited by RW1

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, rwalls said:

So my question is:

1.) When MSFS is installed, the SimConnect "Server" is there. It is part of the sim.

2.) No.

3). Yes, simconnect.cfg or simconnect.xml. If there is a legacy version of those in \Documents left over from another sim, delete it.

The real question is, if these apps have been compiled and built to the MSFS spec or not. If they are not, then you will have to install whatever legacy SimConnect client that particular app requires. Should be in their documentation/manuals.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

1.) When MSFS is installed, the SimConnect "Server" is there. It is part of the sim.

2.) No.

3). Yes, simconnect.cfg or simconnect.xml. If there is a legacy version of those in \Documents left over from another sim, delete it.

The real question is, if these apps have been compiled and built to the MSFS spec or not. If they are not, then you will have to install whatever legacy SimConnect client that particular app requires. Should be in their documentation/manuals.

Best regards

The problem was legacy simconnect.cfg and xml leftover in the Documents folder. I deleted them and MSFS20 can talk to apps that use Simconnect. I also confirmed Active Sky running on a remote computer would still connect to P3D as well as other P3D apps.

I really appreciate you pointing this out to me.

Richard