Sign in to follow this  
JPR

User Modified Airport list

Hello Dave   🙂

P2A v2.6.1.3 - Windows 10 Pro.

In the "Gate and Taxiway Maintenance", I have saved several modified airports. Unfortunately, these modified airports not appears in the "User Modified Airports" list.
Is this normal? Doing something wrong?

p2a-apt-bkp.jpg

p2a-uma-saved.jpg

Edited by JPR

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

You have the option checked to overwrite modified airports, but you should still see the modified airports list, unless you recently reinstalled P2A, which would wipe out the modifications.

I recently changed my computer and reinstalled P2A on my new computer (you restored my licence key). Since this installation on my new computer, I have just upgraded P2A to version 2.6.1.3.
On my old computer the "User Modified Airports" list was correctly filled with all my airports modified with P2A.

On my new computer, with the "Overwrite Modified Airports" box checked or unchecked, when I save the airports changes with the "Save Changes" button in the "Gate and Taxiway Maintenance" window, the modified airport is not added in the "User Modified Airports" list. On the other hand it is added correctly in the directory: \Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\Data\P2ABackups\

Is there a setting that would allow this list of "User Modified Airports" to be restored in P2A or in one of its files ?

Edited by JPR

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

There's not an option.  It should happen automatically.

I'll check to see if a bug crept into the code and is causing this issue.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Ok, thanks 👍

I did find a bug that was not adding the modified airport to the list when you Save Changes after edits or imports.  That will be fixed in the next update.

There is not a setting to bring your changes from the previous installation over to this one.  However, after you follow the steps in the next paragraph, they will show up in the list as modified.

If you want to bring them over, you can copy the P2ABaseData.mdf file from the old installation to the new one, and delete the P2ABaseData_log.ldf file in the new installation.  These files are located in the Data subfolder of the P2A install directory.

This will also bring over any modifications to the Gates and ARTCC controllers.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

Question with used modified airports, is it possible to include the smaller airports, like, for example SC14, currently this great runway is my current destination and it is not in the P2A option for a destination. I'm finding an airport close and modifying my flight plan in FS2020 to get to my destination. 

Is there a tutorial to add user modified airports?

You cannot add airports manually.  You can only modify existing airport taxiways and gates.

You can import gates from P3D/FSX using MakeRunways.  Unfortunately, MakeRunways does not support MSFS, but if you have P3D or FSX, importing it from there should work for MSFS.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:22 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I did find a bug that was not adding the modified airport to the list when you Save Changes after edits or imports.  That will be fixed in the next update.

There is not a setting to bring your changes from the previous installation over to this one.  However, after you follow the steps in the next paragraph, they will show up in the list as modified.

If you want to bring them over, you can copy the P2ABaseData.mdf file from the old installation to the new one, and delete the P2ABaseData_log.ldf file in the new installation.  These files are located in the Data subfolder of the P2A install directory.

This will also bring over any modifications to the Gates and ARTCC controllers.

Hello Dave   🙂

With the last update (v2.6.2.0) I have the issue again.

(Pilot2ATC started in administrator mode)

The modified and saved airport files are well present in the "C:\Loisirs\PGM_X-Plane\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\Data\P2ABackups\" directory but not in the list here:

p2a-uma-saved.jpg

Did you make manual changes to the airports or just import?  They are added to the modified list only when you make changes to them and save.  Importing only makes the one backup of the previous version.

Dave

Just import.

I will check with modified airports...

Edited by JPR

By importing an airport into P2A, then manually making a change, I save the changed airport: it appears correctly in the "User Modified Airports" list   👍

-----

The default airports in P2A are often different from the airports in X-Plane. This is why I always import the departure and destination airports in P2A before flying with X-Plane. I thought that just importing (without manual modification) was enough to make the airport appear in the "User Modified Airports" list.

It would be interesting if airports that are only imported (without manual modification) would also appear in this list. This allows us to quickly see if an airport is up to date in P2A.

-----

In the screenshot three post above: how the functions work:
- Overwrite Taxyways at Modified Airports ?
- Overwrite Gates at Modified Airports ?

The functioning of the four options (checkboxes) is not described in the documentation.

Edited by JPR

With P3D, MSFS and FSX, there is an option to import all airports.  If you had made extensive manual edits to an airport, then you would not want them overwritten, so you would leave these boxes unchecked.

In fact, that is why the list only contains airports with manual modifications.

Dave

Ok  👍

I use X-Plane.