Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

Opening saved PLN crashes P3Dv5...

First: After creating/saving a new PLN for P3D5 - start P3D - go to Navigation\flight planner - select the saved PLN - 'Load' ~~~ an error window with options to close or wait until fixed - wait for 'fix' (takes from 2 to 6 minutes!) a very large blocky/pixelated partial map appears - after a further few minutes the PLN appears as expected and can be used! However, sometimes the system just crashes while waiting for the 'fix' to work 😞

Second: in use, the map page keeps changing to 12 miles scale - change scale to (say) 100 miles - changes to 100 - but after about 20 seconds changes back to 12 miles!!!

These anomolies have only occurred since installing LNM v2.6 which I have uninstalled BUT the above still NOW occurrs in the previous v2.4.5 which I have reinstalled!

I did recently install new airports from Orbx (I only have Orbx addons in P3D) after those installations I ran the scenery update so there should not be an issue with the scenery.cfg...

On top of Corona virus lockdown this is not doing a lot for my mental health!!!  🙂

Your considered observation would really be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation...

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Can you send a link to the plan? The .lnmpln and the exported .pln.
Do not export the annotated plan. This is only for compatibility there.

Looks more like a P3D issue. Create the same plan in P3D and compare it with the LNM exported PLN.

Alex

Hi Alex,

looks like you are correct with the 'P3D issue'...

I tried to create the PLN in P3D and had exactly the same problems with long delays, blocky map pixels and eventually P3D just closed down!!!

I shall carry out a re-installation of P3D abd see where that takes me.

Thanks for your time ~~~ I'll let you know how it progresses!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Still no further forward!

Uninstalled P3D5 Client ~~~ downloaded and installed a 'fresh' Client...

Still the same issues when trying to create a PLN...

Investigating other options as I don't particularly want to have to go through the entire 'un' then re-installation process especially with the slooooooooow download speeds from Orbx!

Bricklaying is looking more and more like a suitable passtime!!!

Hi Alex,

update!

This morning everything just started to function correctly!!!

Relieved but puzzled as to the why and how!

Moving on...

Thanks for your time.