Sign in to follow this  
Yousuf N

Additional Custom Sounds/Theme

Hi,

I'm a recent customer. Getting to know the product and enjoying it (with FlyByWire A320NX).

I have a request: Can you add the ability for us to add additional sounds and corresponding buttons for them? I am aware that 'bjork' replied somewhere in this forum that you guys may consider adding passenger boarding sounds. But I am talking about an additional panel that the user can customise. This is a sorely missed featured in my opinion because there are other sounds people would like to add for different stages of the flight. This will also allow users to add various airline 'themes' - a set/collection of buttons on the PA / Purser / Misc. panel where we can play various sounds as and when necessary. There is already a freeware which allows such functionality. Honestly, custom panel (with buttons and custom sounds) will elevate this to the next level. I also think use of custom sounds by the user should free you from any licensing obligations from various airlines as well.

Thanks for the consideration.

Sincerely,

Yousuf

Well, you  know in Flight Crew A320 you can swap the sound files.

It's different from the old FS2Crew's that way.  In Flight Crew A320 you can access the sound files directly in their folder.

What kind of extra sounds do you want?

And to confirm, you just want like a button with no label that will play a sound whose contents you can change?

Edited by byork

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for a belated reply. I was expecting an email when someone replied to my posts because I had set notifications on. Anyway, yes, that was what I was asking for:

Some extra buttons. The labels of which I (user) can set and the audio files they play. The intention is to play audio files in this order:

1. Boarding music/ambient sound as you are parked, Jetway is connected and passengers are boarding

2. Safety announcement as you taxi (seat belts, where the exits are, etc.)

3. After Take-off - pilot has turned off the seat belt signs but please keep them fastened, we will be serving snacks/meals (short/long flight) shortly, etc.

4. Landing - We will be landing soon

5. After landing - remain seated until we arrive at the gates, etc.

6. Disembark - Portable devices must not be used until you are inside the airport, for safety do not walk under the wings, keep your children safe, etc.

I know that FS2Crew does play some elements of these. However, these are airline specific. I have some samples if you are interested. Let me know how I can send them you if applicable. This is only a suggestion and I thin it will make it much better. Otherwise, they is at least one such tool out there and who knows, I myself may right a small WPF application that will do all this.

Thanks for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Yousuf

Yes sir.

Although if it is possible & easy to implement - functionality to set a sound to be played when 'x' happens (e.g. doors are closed) would be fantastic.

3 hours ago, Yousuf N said:

Yes sir.

Although if it is possible & easy to implement - functionality to set a sound to be played when 'x' happens (e.g. doors are closed) would be fantastic.

Doors can be tricky... sometimes we can "read" them... sometimes we can't.

For example, in the FS2020 Airbus we can read the doors, in some of the other FS2020 planes we can't.