Sign in to follow this  
navops

Unable to connect to P3d v5

I upgraded to the new version 2.8.6.0. When I start it with P3d running I get windows opening setting up audio in windows, the main loading screen. Then along the top left and right wording in red. Program says its looking for the plane. Then on the right the P3d ATC window opens and closes. The MCE loading screen keeps display waiting for the copilot to get on board and nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have reset the config file and started from scratch.

Nothing works.

Help.

Doug

41 minutes ago, navops said:

I upgraded to the new version 2.8.6.0. When I start it with P3d running I get windows opening setting up audio in windows, the main loading screen. Then along the top left and right wording in red. Program says its looking for the plane. Then on the right the P3d ATC window opens and closes. The MCE loading screen keeps display waiting for the copilot to get on board and nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have reset the config file and started from scratch.

Nothing works.

Help.

Doug

Which aircraft are we talking about here?

Was it working before with same plane?

Aerosoft Airbus 321.  I haven't used the program for months. I updated and tried it and this is what happened.

MCE seems like such a touchy program, almost never runs on the first try so I stopped using it.

35 minutes ago, navops said:

Aerosoft Airbus 321.  I haven't used the program for months. I updated and tried it and this is what happened.

MCE seems like such a touchy program, almost never runs on the first try so I stopped using it.

No need to re-install neither MCE nor P3D.

Just to check all files are in place.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\ or \Prepar3d v5\ installation folder.

Check you have...

fsInsider64.dll

fsinsider.ini

A folder named <MCE dlls>

The folder contains about 40+ dlls. One for each supported plane.

The installer is supposed to put 64 bit dlls there for P3D V4 & V5, unless these have been disguised as FSX, in which case installer may put 32 Bit dlls instead.

If you've manually copied the folder from FSX or downloaded unzipped file, delete it.

Go back to downloaded unzipped folder and look under \Resources\Files\FSX\ folder

Copy entire <MCE dlls x64> folder and paste it to Prepar3D main installation folder.

IMPORTANT: Once you have pasted the folder, rename it to "<MCE dlls>"

That guarantees all files are 64 bit. No Prepar3D files are ever changed, therefore no need to re-install anything. In fact removing those files and folder would get your P3D back to original installation.

Start P3D and wait until aircraft is ready to fly.

Use P3D menu Addons->Multi Crew Experience->Call the crew to start MCE

All three files were there. fsinsider64.dll version 2.8.5.5. I copied the dll folder as directed.

Same thing. MCE start screen, Text in upper left saying its starting, eventually text about looking at aircraft type. P3D atc window opens and closes. The start screen shows waiting for copilot. Stays that way forever.

1 hour ago, navops said:

All three files were there. fsinsider64.dll version 2.8.5.5. I copied the dll folder as directed.

Same thing. MCE start screen, Text in upper left saying its starting, eventually text about looking at aircraft type. P3D atc window opens and closes. The start screen shows waiting for copilot. Stays that way forever.

I can only suggest you check your anti-virus settings.

MCE (mce.exe) should be able to communiate with "Pepar3D.exe" without hindrance.

It used to be that we would recommend running "prepar3D.exe" as admin.

With more recent versions, this is no longer the case.

Tell you AV to truct "mce.exe" and "prepar3D.exe" processes, not folders.

If using a launcher app to start P3D, I suggest you run it as admin.

Eventually, try it with one of the many other supported planes just to rule out a few things.

Edit: I recommend installing MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder so you will never be told about disabling UAC or things like that. Simulators can be installed to any location.

Edited by FS++

Set my anti virus as you suggested. No effect.

Don't use launchers.

MCE never shows as running in task manager and the mce icon shows on the tool bar and then disappears.

Tried it with the Aerosoft a320 pro, Leonardo MD-82, Carenado ATR72 and the PMDG 737. It didn't work with any of these. Same result in that it looks like its loading but the copilot boarding never goes and the control panel never shows even if you select show control panel from Addons.

I have always installed it to the default location on the C drive.

Thanks

Doug

On 10/7/2020 at 7:21 PM, navops said:

Set my anti virus as you suggested. No effect.

Don't use launchers.

MCE never shows as running in task manager and the mce icon shows on the tool bar and then disappears.

Tried it with the Aerosoft a320 pro, Leonardo MD-82, Carenado ATR72 and the PMDG 737. It didn't work with any of these. Same result in that it looks like its loading but the copilot boarding never goes and the control panel never shows even if you select show control panel from Addons.

I have always installed it to the default location on the C drive.

Thanks

Doug

I think I have an idea. May want to discuss it privately with my colleague via e-mail. Thank you

Edited by FS++
typo

5 hours ago, navops said:

Thanks for the help

I forgot to actually ask you to generate a startup log in order to see where it may have stallled.

Go to C:\Usrers\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\ folde. Open "ini" file and change "Debug=0" to "Debug=1".

Restart MCE and it should generate a "startup.log".

Send it to support. You'll also be told about another possible reason (mightbe to do with software protection which we don't want to discuss on forums). It's not suggesting you did anything nefarious. Just that the info is confidential.

20 minutes ago, navops said:

I emailed the start up log. In case you are wondering I own all the aircraft.

Thanks

Doug

OK, thanks, we'll get back to you within days.

Meanwhile, in case it's some kind of issue with specific joystick detection, suggest you disconnect all joysticks and see if it starts and holds.

Edited by FS++

32 minutes ago, navops said:

Tried unplugging the joystick but it still never hooked up.

Try latest version

Keep UAC at default settings (2 notches up the slider) and install MCE to default C;\Program Files (x86)\.... folder

I installed the update. Reset UAC. Reset config. Already installed to C:\ as described.  

Same thing. You can see MCE setup, hear the program talking, see the test along the top of the screen and then the copilot boarding but still never happens.

I Don't think this is going to work.

Thanks

Doug