Sign in to follow this  
navops

Unable to connect to P3d v5

If any other registered user has issues connecting to P3D V5 with latest version, please chime in. Thanks

Edited by FS++

Two days ago the team sent me a new mce.exe file. It turns out that when I moved the My Documents folder while changing hard drives messed up the permissions.

The new .exe file worked like a charm and I have used it in two flights with no issues.

I want to thank the team for not forgetting about my issue and putting the time and energy into a fix for me.

Great job!!!

Doug

On 10/21/2020 at 3:09 PM, FS++ said:

If any other registered user has issues connecting to P3D V5 with latest version, please chime in. Thanks

Chiming in.

2 hours ago, coffee said:

Chiming in.

If you installed Prepar3D AFTER MCE was installed, you need to re-install MCE so it can add the following files to \Prepar3D v5\ folder

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini

A folder namked <MCE dlls>

Also, run the app wizard briefly, without the need to go through speech training. Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard.

The wizard is expected to automatically edit Prepar3D "dll.xml" fil which tells the sim which dlls to load on startup.

Should connect after that.

If still no-go, assume dll.xml wasn't edited for some reason and go to

C:\Usesrs\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\ folder and open "dll.xml" using Notepad and not any other program

Ensure you have these lines in there.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsInsider64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If they happen to be missing, manually add them right befor the last line in the file

When the dll loads in the sim, you should see a "Multi Crew EXperience" menu in P3D main Add-ons menu. Only then will you be able to connect

Appreciate the support.

Helped to solve my problem.

Adding 2 points:

1. Used  "dll.xml" in "Program Data" otherwise it wouldn't be loaded.
  2. I have a bluetooth headset "Jabra Elite 65t" and it offered two options after connection to Windows:
    • "Headphones (Bluetooth)"
    • "Headset (Jabra Elite 65t Hands-Free AG Audio)"
    • I had to select the second option during mce configuration [Audio Out and Audio In]

I also, had to select the regular  (Realtek High Definition Audio) for Prepar3D so that I could listen to P3D Sounds while still talking to MCE from my regular sound system. I'm not quite sure, but this may have to do with a Jabra driver limitation that can only deal with one sound source at a time.

Finally, there is an option in "Settings->Sounds->Advanced Sound options->App volume and device preferences" which may be used to force a Output/Input device for a specific application.

coffee.