Sign in to follow this  
Elvensmith

Odd Crash - Anyone Else Had This

Starting my approach into Heathrow modded A320. Passed BIG and en route to Dorking after entering and confirming approach phase on the FMC I started getting some odd behaviour. First of all the aircraft would not hold at my approach altitude (3000 feet) but kept descending. I then started getting odd behaviour - the camera flicked to look out of the RHS cockpit window and I couldn't get it to recentre. I also lost the mouse wheel zoom in and out, though moving the mouse on its Z axis seemed to move the view in and out. A few seconds later I got stutters then a CTD.

I had the same thing last night though I almost made it to touchdown before the odd camera behaviour and CTD. Smart view is off and the only mod I have running is the aircraft itself.

Thinking about Zendesking it but doubt they will accept a report unless using pure default. Guess the thing to do next is either delete the mod try the flight in the unmodded 320 or maybe the 747.

Anyone had similar or thoughts as to what might be going wrong?

Edited by Elvensmith

I got exactly the same issue minus the approach altitude. The camera issue though sounds like just what I had. 320 mod v3.1 at cruise altitude the camera just went nuts zooming in an out an changing the viewing position to the back of the chair an even locking up.  My CTD I think was when I tried disconnecting the mouse an reconnecting which I thought was a bug that was fixed ages ago but the camera issue is new. 

It's not that new, was introduced with the last patch. Has been discussed to the nth degree on the MFS forums.

Only thing that solved it for me was to turn off all live & AI traffic.

Think it's due to be fixed in the next patch on the 13th of October.

Okay appreciate the heads up. I tried to register over at the official forum but never got the activation email.

@Blat, I'll try what you suggest.

Edited by Elvensmith