Sign in to follow this  
vinsounet

Arrivals and Approches

For some time now, the arrivals proposed by ATC of P2ATC have been systematically radar vector until the approach (ILS, RNav, etc.). I don't mind not going through a STAR again, (although I think it would be more realistic if ATC sometimes forces us a STAR).
In addition, I would like to know if it would be possible for ATC to give us the precise approach procedure ILS X, Y, Z or RNP X, Y (for example) with the transition point for the approach since the 1st contact about Arrival and Approach.
For the moment, during the 1st contact about the arrival, I am given this information: "expect Radar vector for ILS runway 24" without further details.

I hope my explanation and request will be understandable.
Thank you

Kinds Regards

Vincent

Assuming you have "ATC Assigns STAR" option checked in the FltPln tab of Config, then P2A will assign a STAR on flights where it makes sense.  This is usually on longer flights and ones where a STAR transition waypoint is available on the route side of the airport.

If you want to have a STAR, you can select it yourself during the planning, and check the Force Pilot Runway Selection option to be sure it doesn't get changed in flight.

When you get vectors to an ILS, you are getting vectors to the FAF and so it is not important to know exactly which one.  There will be no Transitions points.  You can assume it's the one in your filed flight plan, but only the final approach portion.

If you want to visualize it, you can press the APPR button on the right side of the map after you start getting vectors and it will show the exact route you are being vectored on.

Dave

Hi,

I understood and corrected the problem of arrivals under systematic radar guidance instead of STAR (which did not seem normal to me).
In P2ATC I import my flight plans made on SimBrief, then I validate and activate it with the "Validate" and File "functions:
=> Flight plans OK but no STAR (for each flight performed).
If before validating and activating my flight plans I use the "Auto Plan" function:
=> P2ATC recalculates the Flight Plan, and there it integrates an appropriate STAR for the Approach.

Kinds regards

Vincent