Sign in to follow this  
Naji

Bloom for FU3

If you want to enjoy FU3 more, try ReShade shaders. I am flying now in realistic skies that have bloom effect. There is an AA shader that makes the textures crisper  and more alive than ever before. I have also added a vibrance shader to enhance the colors. Overall, it is like a new sim.

If you need help, ask here and I will list the shaders that have transformed FU3 for me tremendously.

@Naji

Could you be more specific. I mean links or specifications. Thanks.

I'm anyway a bit frightened of this adding, because with my laptop Intel Core i5, when I was using to many simultaneous functions, when piloting the beechjet, it crashed to the desktop. That was before I set my laptop graphic card to default, in 3D settings.

Hi. You can download the latest version here:

https://reshade.me/

When installing, it asks whether the game is to run with DX9 or DX10/11, I chose DX10/11. Check all the shaders for downloading. When you start FU3, press the Home button and experiment with the shaders. In the sim, the shaders are dynamic as you check or uncheck them.

The ones I liked:

Pirate_Bloom or MagicHDR

qUINT_sharp

DPX,

Deband

prod_80_04_selectiveColor_v2

Note: FU3 is run with dgVoodoo v2.7 in 1440*1080 resolution with 16x filetring and 4x AA

Edited by Naji

By the way, the settings for each shader are at the bottom, but you have to uncheck the "Performance Mode" at the bottom also to see them.

@Naji. Thanks a lot. As you say it’s like a new sim. My selection is more discreet. I don’t like bright screen neither.

My selection of shaders is the next one:

Pirate_curve

Pirate_LumaSharpen

Pirate_Vibrance

Prod80_03_FilmicTonemap

FXAA

Simple Bloom

Take care also of sky. In flt3.cfg these are my settings:

opt_gamma_correction 35

haze_scale 29

sky_LowLevel1ScatterRedHW 1

sky_LowLevel1ScatterGreenHW 0.999

sky_LowLevel1ScatterBlueHW 0.95

sky_LowLevel1ScatterRedScatterHW 0.23

sky_LowLevel1ScatterGreenScatterHW 0.32

sky_LowLevel1ScatterBlueScatterHW 0.42

sky_LowLevel1OpticalDepthHW 800

sky_LowLevel2ScatterRedHW 1

sky_LowLevel2ScatterGreenHW 1

sky_LowLevel2ScatterBlueHW 1

sky_LowLevel2ScatterRedScatterHW 0.23

sky_LowLevel2ScatterGreenScatterHW 0.32

sky_LowLevel2ScatterBlueScatterHW 0.42

sky_LowLevel2OpticalDepthHW 800

Reshade only works with dgVoodoo. To get dgVoodoo v2.7 working, get rid of compatibility mode or administrator mode. You then lose intro video. Not a serious issue. But ddfix “layer” is still necessary, because if ddfix is not installed, game do not connect with joykeys.cfg file, for joystick buttons or keyboard remapping!

Finally, my dgVoodoo v2.7 settings are:

Only vSync activated and anisotropic 16x.

Leave Antialiasing App driven or Off. If you put Antialiasing 4x (or any value) an horizontal white line appears in cockpit. But instead of that, I have FXAA setting in reshade.

I add another tip.

The free Flight Unlimited 3 download you find on internet has a serious bug for windows 10.

Radio channels get stuck or blocked with an horrible noise on many voices.

The solution I found :

I downloaded Flight Unlimited 3 from Old-Games.com, apparently an old "Sold Out" game version, but without any kind of license issue. This time the radio worked perfect with rogue or bass voices!

I installed the Flight Unlimited 2 San Fran region when installing FU3. The internet download of FU2 in this case doesn't present any issues.

Edited by patrikmore

Finally my settings for reshade are: Pirate_Bloom | Pirate_Curve | Pirate_Vibrance | Vibrance_fx | LumaSharpen | and FXAA, because AA setting in dgvoodoo2 causes artifacts.

The goal is to obtain a smart combination of sharpness, bloom and vibrant color, and FXAA for smooth edges.

Nothing to do, but I set D key to lock descent rate on autopilot, after trimming down (X key in my case). I'm able to land professionally like a jet airliner.

Edited by patrikmore
little mistake

With dgvoodoo alone I haven't experienced the issues you mentioned. As to the white lines in the cockpit, I removed them in Cockpit Designer. Check my previous post how to do it easily if you wish.

I tried again, and the main issue (in my case) is that the file joykeys.cfg doesn't work. keyboard keys and joystick buttons remapped doesn't work. Strange indeed. Last version of windows 10 pro with all the updates, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with Intel Graphics Family on my laptop. (DDFIX solves this, DDFIX and DGVOODOO2 working together).

For the AA, FXAA setting from reshade works well.

By the way, I add "prod80_03_FilmicTonemap" to my last reshade list (Pirate_Bloom | Pirate_Curve | Pirate_Vibrance | Vibrance_fx | LumaSharpen | and FXAA) and now to me is perfect.

The radio channels issue happened with ISO files found on internet (I have physical CDs only for FU2). But this issue is manifestly corrected with the download from Old-Games.com.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, Naji said:

With dgvoodoo alone I haven't experienced the issues you mentioned. As to the white lines in the cockpit, I removed them in Cockpit Designer. Check my previous post how to do it easily if you wish.

What numbers do you change on blue rectangle on CockpitDesigner? I tried many combinations. I guess you have to build and then save. In all cases game crashed to desktop when loading trainer plane. I had to revert to original. Or you could share TRAINER.RES modified file. Only 3 MB.

Edited by patrikmore

The white line in a cockpit view occurs at the overlapping of the outside view rectangle and an inner blue rectangle. Just identify where the overlapping occurs. If it is a horizontal white line in the cockpit, then increase the height of the blue rectangle by 1 pixel to eliminate the overlapping. Same for a vertical line.

Since I only fly the Mooney Bravo, it is the only plane I fixed, but the solution is the same for all. I could send you the Mooney Res file by email.

With trainer, the result build file crashes when loaded. Perhaps it's a matter of CockpitDesigner not working well on Windows10.

Anyway, for anti-aliasing I'm very satisfied with my settings. No jagged lines "in sight". Thanks a lot for "reshade" tip.

One more thing, do you use joykeys.cfg file on windows 10? It worked before to me in previous versions of dgvoodoo2 and windows 10. Anyway, ddfix 1.5.13 corrects more than one thing. I remember AI planes going through the hills and coming out.

About clouds, your other post, my only setting in flt3.cfg is UsePuffCloudModels. I have also the line EnablePlayerShadow and joy_device 1 rudder_device 1 3 throttle_device 1 6 to enable Z axis for rudder. 

I leave default settings for weather. I'm more worried with sky "quality" in good weather. My goal is to get the more realistic immersive surrounding. I like beechjet because it's the most difficult to fly, even with autopilot functions. VS for landing is mandatory. It's very challenging.

Found in DGVOODOO2 documentation:

You should always set the resolution or antialiasing in your game options. You can try to force it externally through dgVoodoo. For antialiasing, dgVoodoo currently only supports MSAA. If you want some other method (or any other fancy image post-process) then you likely need ReShade. The other thing you should know is forcing resolution or MSAA can easily cause unwanted glitches in the appearance, or, as for some games, performance loss or simply erroneous rendering. That's why I said 'try'.

And I add: Antialiasing can also be forced at Graphic Card settings, and will be applied afterwards, at the expense of PC performance.

Hi. I adjusted the white lines in the Trainer with the same procedure. How can I pass it to you?

And yes I use joykeys.cfg

Edited by Naji

10 hours ago, Naji said:

Hi. I adjusted the white lines in the Trainer with the same procedure. How can I pass it to you?

And yes I use joykeys.cfg

I've sent you a personal message via AVSIM web page.

update: Do not need anything. Now it works! White horizontal line removed.

I downloaded CockpitDesigner v0.4 from

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=80933145

The version 0.5 from Gideon web page didn't work on windows 10 ???

Edited by patrikmore
update