Sign in to follow this  
Doc3d

No ATC with MSFS 2020 FBW A320

Not sure if this issue is with the mod or P2A, but whenever I try to tune any freq nothing happens (in the plane comms panel). If I try to tune manually, I still get no responses from P2A, so I can’t seem to make it work... any ideas or anybody else experiencing the same?

P2A needs to be on the right frequency in order for it to respond to your call.  You should be able to set the frequency from the cockpit in the aircraft. If it doesn't change in P2A, then try changing it in P2A.

When the name of the controller is visible below the frequency in the P2A Comms area it indicates that P2A recognizes it as a valid frequency.

Some other things that must be set in order for all to work correctly:

1.    SWITCH SETTINGS: Check to be sure the Power indicator in the bottom left of the main P2A screen is  green.  If not, then you need to turn on the battery switch and avionics switch in the aircraft, or if that doesn’t turn it green, check the 2 options “Ignore Battery Switch” and “Ignore Avionics Switch” in the Config P2A Setup panel.
2.    VALID CALL SIGN: Make sure you are using a valid call sign by changing it to the default Mfg: Beech; Tail Number: N431VB and pressing the Save Button.  You can send me a screenshot of this page and I will let you know if there is a problem with the call sign.
3.    VALID FREQUENCY: Be sure you have a valid frequency showing in the Active frequency display.  Open the Radio Panel and check that the frequency selected has a valid controller assigned.  Try swapping the active and standby frequencies a couple of times.
4.    PTT BUTTON: Use the PTT button on the main screen to eliminate the possibility of it being the Joystick button setup as the issue
5.    VALID PHRASES: Make sure the phrase you are using is appropriate for the controller.  “Say Altimeter” should work with all controllers, so use it.
6.    VOLUME SETTINGS: Check the Windows Volume Mixer and be sure Pilot2ATC volume is turned up. (While P2A is running, rIght click on the speaker icon in the task bar and select Volume Mixer).  Also check the volume of the voices in P2A Config.  On the Communications tab of the Sound dialog, be sure "Do Nothing" is checked for when Windows detects Communications activity.

Dave

If I use another plane it works, no settings changed. If I use the sayit feature, I can hear the audio, so it’s not the volume. I just don’t get any responses. I will take a screenshot and send in a bit

i think it’s a issue with the fly by wire a320 but will try to double check your list. Thanks for the reply. 

edit: 

when I booted up the a320 and P2A this morning to document the issue, it was miraculously solved. I haven’t changed a thing so I find it very strange. Yesterday I couldn’t get a reply from atc at all in the a320 (though any other plane I tried worked as expected) but today it worked as normal. Very strange and I will update this if it happens again, but for now I guess just creating this bug-report helped! 🤪

unless there has been some update to sim or mod that I haven’t registered. Either way, all is good. Thank you for your assistance

Edited by Doc3d