Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Playing online with FS 9 and FS X

Guest PuddleJumper116

Hello all,I hate for my first post to look like this, but I recent purchased FS X after looking for a new genre of PC game to play. I'm loving it so far. This is my first real flight sim game that I have gotten into. A friend of mine uses FS 9 and we were wanting to fly together online.I believe I've come across details on how to do this (possibly a plugin?), but for the life of me I can't seem to find it anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I could find more info on this topic? I attempted to search the forums here but have been running into problems with the search page and/or its results.Thanks in advance...

You have a couple of options.1. Find an online multiplayer server like www.wspilots.com has and your friend in FS9 can connect to it by default. Read their info in the forum for ip addresses and how-to stuff. To connect FSX to the same server you need the "fshost client" from http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/fshostclient.html2. Join a network like Vatsim, IVAO, or other and download their software to directly connect to their networks.

Guest PuddleJumper116

Thanks mate,I'll give that a go this evening. Much appreciated...

If you just want to fly with your mate then FSHost should be sufficient.I'm not sure if it will allow FSX and FS9 to join but guess it will as originally it allowed FS2000 and FS9 to fly together.Basically FSHost creates a 'virtual' server which one player creates then each player then connects to that server.There are very good instructions either with the download (free) or on the web site.Good luck and I'm sure you will have fun.