Sign in to follow this  
pan pan pan

Issue i have

Have been a user of RC4 for a long time and love it.

However ran into an issue whereby i needed to re-install.

This is what i have, Prepar3d V4.5, FSUIPC registered version.

Installation was fine however have ran into a strange issue.  Beginning of the flight works fine, get up to cruise altitude, set autopilot everything appears rosy, so i head off to do some housework. However when i get back to the aircraft RC4 is continually 

coming up with the old "fly heading ### until receiving suitable navigation". Now i've had this in the past but have solved it by just asking for a 'direct to' the next waypoint, however the heading its asking me to fly is actually the heading i'm currently flying.

So my last flight for example, its asking me to fly heading 090 until receiving suitable navigation, but i AM flying 090. The waypoint i am currently flying to is not in the select group when i want to use the above work around. Whats strange about this is that

before when this has happened it has always asked to fly a heading thats been a reciprocal heading and always near the departure airport because of the first waypoint thing, but this is asking for it at cruise, and the heading is the one i'm actually flying.

I have never come across this before, and googling away i can't find a solution to this particular problem.

I've updated AIRAC's for both Prepar 3d and PMDG, re-built the scenery database within RC4 and used makerwys all to no avail. I was thinking that maybe it has something to do with waypoints between the two programs not matching which is why i did the

preceding, but alas to no avail.

Has anybody seen this issue or have any ideas how to solve?

Thanks.

Andy.

I

Andy, the only thing that springs to mind is the Deviation settings. Check they are the defaults of 15 Hdg, 300 Alt and 15 Speed.

The other thing you could try is to request Direct to the waypoint after your active one. That might clear it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

"The other thing you could try is to request Direct to the waypoint after your active one. That might clear it".

I agree with Ray's suggestion. I have had this half way through a flight when my flight plan as input into RC for some reason has a couple of way points not in the FMC version. As Ray says, input the following but one and RC should get itself straight.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@pan pan pan, did any of these suggestions help you? It would be appreciated if you would subscribe to topics you raise as you are then notified by email when a reply is posted.

Help on Radar Contact is down to goodwill by fellow users. I have no affinity to the developers and receive no payment for help provided.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry Ray.

First flight back it behaved as normal with your suggestion of checking the deviation settings.

Going to conduct some more flights to confirm.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Andy.

@pan pan pan, Andy, thanks for replying but I see you're still not subscribed to this topic. If the suggestions made by Ian and I fix your problem please report back so we know.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather