Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

Need help with monitors on a homecockpit

Hello

I have a B737 home cockpit, that I have built using different components I am using Prosim 737.

I have a couple of identical monitors to display the Captain (Inboard and Outboard screens) and the First Officer (Inboard and Outboard Screens).

Both monitors are Viewsonic 18.5 inch displays, the display model is BOE HM185WX1 the maximum resolution is 1366 x 768.

They are both connected using the VGA socket on the monitor side, and on the video card side they both have a VGA to DP adapter. Each is connected to a different Nvidea GTX 970 card DP socket

Bot GTX 970 are also using the SLI Bridge.

Here is the problem, Even though they are both identical monitors, connected to identical GTX 970 cards using the exact same cables, one is identified in the Windows screen resolution menu as SF91350 with a maximum resolution of 1366 x 768, and the other is recognized as LCD VGA with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 1024, which makes my round gauges appear oval.

I have tried all available resolutions to fix this, but does not work. when I go to 800 x 600 the screen turns black with the message that the optimum resolution for that screen is 1366 x 768, which I cannot find in the windows screen resolution.

Does anybody knows what could be happening, and how to solve this?

Thanks

Juan

Juan,

Are the monitors shown in Device Manager as the correct names? You may need to install drivers for them so Windows correctly identifies them. Those will be available on the manufacturers website under Support.

I’m struggling to identify them because the Viewsonic site doesn’t find the model you mention. See if this site helps.

https://www.viewsonic.com/us/productresources/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather