Sign in to follow this  
Malky

Flight Plan

I am very new to this so please take it slow with me 😄 yesterday I subscribed to Pilot2Atc now very first thing and it’s totally confusing me is I scheduled a flight plan in Simbrief and imported it into Pilot2Atc so in my A320 on the flight computer is the flight but on Pilot2Atc is the same route but different waypoints is this normal I mean the direction is the same but shouldn’t it be identical? Hope someone can help me Thanks 

Would this topic be better placed into the Pilot2ATC forum?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I will move it!

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just a thought: Possibily different FMS data cycles? I'm using the same Navigraph data cycle in X-Plane and Pilot2ATC and so far the import vom SimBrief worked fine and routes were identical. Check your SimBrief AIRAC Cycle and see if that matches your Pilot2ATC cycle. If you have Navigraph, you can update Pilot2ATC to the latest Navigraph data with their updater. If not, not sure if SimBrief has 1801 available.

Not sure, could be something completely different. Just throwing in an idea...

Something definitely wrong filed a flight plan in Simbrief and imported in Pilot2Atc and at about 30 miles from the destination airport Pilot2Atc is telling me to climb to 22,000 then leaving it until approach until it gives me 3,000 it’s done this four times not once has it instructed me to descend to the correct altitude what am I doing wrong can anyone guide me please 

Most commonly you have a STAR and when ATC tells you to "descend via the xxxx arrival", you are cleared to start your descent anytime you want, making sure to comply with all restrictions in the STAR.

You would have to email me your P2A log files in order for me to assess what is happening in your case.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  
You can email to admin@pilot2atc.com.

Dave

Does anyone think I have made a mistake purchasing Pilot2Atc why I ask is the Simbrief Routes and Pilot2Atc Routes do not match missing or new way points must have been updated or removed I know people are going to say I need Navigraph but to be honest I can’t really afford a monthly subscription to that so some advice please 

You can get a single month's subscription to Navigraph data and then download all the  data one time and update all your add-ons, etc. to the same AIRAC cycle.  Then set SimBrief to that same cycle while your one month subscription is still valid so it also matches your other data.

SimBrief only gives the "en-route" portion of the flight and the names of the SID and STAR, if they are added.   You'll want to import that flight plan into P2A and then add those procedures or similar ones with the same transition points in P2A.  That should minimize any mismatch between the two.

Dave

Sorry to post again but something not right I now have the latest Airac cycle I have Navigraph installed and Pilot2Atc is completely silent last thing I heard from them was clearance to take off nothing about climbing altitudes etc just silence 

If you send me the log file from the flight I can take a look and see what happened.  Send to admin@pilot2atc.com.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  

Sorry to post again but something not right I now have the latest Airac cycle I have Navigraph installed and Pilot2Atc is completely silent last thing I heard from them was clearance to take off nothing about climbing altitudes etc just silence