Sign in to follow this  
Guest KaelOost

How do I change the views in a view category?

Guest KaelOost

Hey All,My PC is rebooting itself when I switch to tower view and I'm a long way from a tower, so I'd like to remove it from the view category. Usually I just use my joystick button, or the S key to cycle thru the views, cockpit - outside - tower - rightwing - cockpit - .. I'd like to know how i can remove the tower from this category, if this is possale? I've searched here with no results and can't find anything in FS?Thanks guys,Kael

Make a backup copy of camera.cfg file (located in same folder as fsx.cfg file!)...Open the cameras.cfg file and remove CameraDefinition.007 and CameraDefinition.008, renumbering the remainder to keep 'em sequential.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

Look for the file 'CAMERAS.CFG' in this folder and open it in Notepad:C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSXLook for the "CameraDefinition.007" section and add this line:CycleHidden=YesDo the same with "CameraDefinition.008". This will hide them from the 'S' key cycle but they will still be available through the menus. To remove them completely you'll need to delete these sections and renumber the remaining ones.Complete view system documentation is available in the SDK included with the Deulxe edition.

Guest KaelOost

Thanks Tdragger, worked a charmThanks too for all the FSX hints/advice over recent months. I'm one of the silent majority who has FSX running well. (aside from the above reset problem when in tower view). ThanksKael

Question: My camera.cfg is blank. Any idea why? My installation is on another partition.I also don't have an outside view. Very weird.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Shez,my FS9 and FSX are on E - location is wherever you want to put it. There are 2 cameras.cfg files. The one in the install directory is the BACKUP or source file for restoring the active one referred to by TDragger up in the earlier post. The loss of views could be a corrupted cameras.cfg file. Question is, which of the two is blank? If the Appliction DataMicrosoftFSXCameras.cfg is the bad one it can be restored by the intact one in the FSX folder -- if it is intact, that is. If both are damaged you may be able to repair it with the install program or perhaps someone would just send you a copy of the original. Backing up config files should be a part of every simmer's normal precautions.Loyd

Thanks Loyd, it is all OK now after I copied the FSX root camera.cfg to the my documents folder.Views are excellent!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"