Sign in to follow this  
jester1964

Monitor Resolution - Dual Monitors

Hi all, I have two monitors, one a 42 inch which I run at 4K, and another 23 inch I run at 1080P.

No matter what I do XP11 will not let me run these as I choose.  My 42in is recognized as the default monitor but will never seem to go into a windowed mode, not at its native resolution anyway, and previously had to use a lower res just to get it to go into windowed mode, now windowed mode doesn't even show up as an option.  My second monitor is sometimes recognized, sometimes not, sometimes I can move my pop-up screens, sometimes not, and then they go over to the second monitor then quickly spring back to the main monitor.

I deleted (moved) my preference folder to the desktop and started from scratch, this helped for a bit but now it's back to where I started.

I've also noticed when I change the resolution in X Plane it alters the desktop resolution on my main monitor.  I've never previously had an application that has behaved this way.

hmmm, not 100% clear what you are trying to do vs what is happening. I did have a triple linux monitor set up for a few months before I switched to VR, so maybe I can help.

5 hours ago, jester1964 said:

I've never previously had an application that has behaved this way.

XP, under graphics (in windows) has configuration options for display, offsets etc. so you can configure the view accurately, Im not aware of any other application with this functionality.

it can also pop out X number of windows that can be placed on the correct monitor manually (this is the way we have to do it in Linux).

That said, Im not sure if there is support for rendering at different scales (e.g. a 4k 21 inch monitor and a 2k 15inch monitor - they both probably need to scaled to be 2k for 15 inches).

the preferences folder contains separate files, one of those is window positions which stores the layout config in text format.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer