Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.1 EA Mode is catastrophic

Please follow my link to LM Support forum and see the pictures yourself I posted overthere...

Now EA is out of Beta I am asking myself if we just have to live with this annoying and BETA Looking LIKE EA Mode within the newest P3D V5.1.

Maybe I have to remind all of us that this was 1 Selling point LM advertised with, after it was released with V5.0 it came out it is in BETA, yes AFTER the released the product. Prior initial release LM did NOT state it will be released as BETA.

Now, 6 Months later........out of BETA but the most "issues" still in there.

Please take your time and watch the pictures. Maybe react at LM Support forum on my postings to get some attention on this. 

I do find this very misleading and I am not happy with the status of EA within V5.1.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138650&p=229219#p229219

What do you think about this?

Marcus 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I think they're still working on it because there are still issues. It's distracting, but it's not the end of the world.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

A reply with not really positive future is already done at ORBX:

QUOTE and Link:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/201443-prepar3d-v51/

Hi folks, 

With EA now the default in v5.1, be prepared for some objects not being suitably obscured by clouds, fog and haze. It's a known and difficult problem. There may (just may) be a work around for devs having to do with material properties in individual models, texture by texture. I hope you can appreciate that implementing work arounds for incremental updates is, how can I say it, problematic.  

You may find that with EA turned off the look can be rather garish; one thing you can try is to enable HDR and turn the saturation down, or if your video driver allows it, make a specific color profile for P3D v5. (With EA on, HDR is automatically enabled. )

Larry

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png