Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

Does anyone know where the FS.exe file is?

I don't know why this has to be an ordeal every update.  My Radeon software adds an FS2020 profile to it and I can use my 3 monitors via the Eyefinity feature.  Well that got nuked...again...after this update.  Only this time I can no longer locate the executable to add back into the app.  Any idea?

So it's in Program files - windows apps - MS Flight sim......  The best part of all is when trying to add the .exe I get the "You don't have permission to access the file contact the owner or administrator"  why must this be such a fight every  time. I'm set for administrator and yet still can't access it.

Edited by DarkMantle

Don't waste your time trying to play with permissions to get access to the .EXE or any files in the main install folder, they are NOT "just" blocked by permissions, and that's why every technique you know to get ownership of the folder won't work.

Those folders are not there! They are "mounted" from an encrypted disk image located in Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIVC folder, each set of files are the app virtual folder structure, encrypted.

So, don't lose you time trying to access them, because you'll only risk messing up your Windows install badly.

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Don't waste your time trying to play with permissions to get access to the .EXE or any files in the main install folder, they are NOT "just" blocked by permissions, and that's why every technique you know to get ownership of the folder won't work.

Those folders are not there! They are "mounted" from an encrypted disk image located in Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIVC folder, each set of files are the app virtual folder structure, encrypted.

So, don't lose you time trying to access them, because you'll only risk messing up your Windows install badly.

Thanks for the info