Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Updating the Microsoft Store version "in game" only

The last couple of updates to the sim has been done without going to the Microsoft Store. When I start the sim and an update is detected, the dowload is done in the game without having to go to the Microsoft Store page. I'll only see an progress bar in the sim (yesterdays update was aprox 7,52 GB) and after the dowload and decompresseing the sim starts. But when i read in the forum than other users with the Microsoft Store verison of the sim is foreced to go to the store to complete the update get med wonder if i'll will out something? Anybody else with the store version that only has "in game" updates?

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

they don't make life easy. usually you start MSFS and get a notice to update the launcher first. So quit MSFS, go to MS Store und update the MSFS launcher. Once done you execute the launcher, for me a quick window pops up telling me something about package installation. Then MSFS should load and check again for updates, showing you to screen with the 7.x GiB update for v1.10.7. Once that is done you should also check your container as there are also minor updates available

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

33 minutes ago, Cloudpiercing said:

When I start the sim and an update is detected, the dowload is done in the game without having to go to the Microsoft Store page

That's how it worked for me too. I never had to go to the store page. Just started the sim, it detected an update, it updated, I pressed continue and was ready to fly.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

That's how it worked for me too. I never had to go to the store page. Just started the sim, it detected an update, it updated, I pressed continue and was ready to fly.

God news that I'm not alone with that, but it really make me wonder why thats the case that some of us having a "in game" update whitout having to go to the Sim store. But it's way easier so I'll gladly keep the "in game update" if it's a legit way to update.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.