Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Newbie to MS Flight Sim - A Couple Questions

Guest TonyPiech

I'm new to the MS Flight Simulator series, FSX is my first civilian flight sim though I flown some combat sims like Falcon & LOMAC. My questions are:1. I'm having some difficulty in landing jets, specifically the LearJet 45 so I'd like to enable the landing assist indicators to help me get the right guide slope, however they never show-up. I've selected the Visual Flight Path, checked the block enabling the visual flight path, linked the radio to NAV1, set the number of guides, selected "rectangles, indicated to draw guides at 2,000 ft., then in the cockpit, enabled NAV1 and used the ATC. When entering the anticipated heading for the runway I'm hoping to see the rectangles, none appear? What step(s) am I missing?2. After landing at Tampa International I'm instructed to taxi to the gate with specific instructions, e.g., "Taxi to Gate Golf 29 suing Runway W4 WJA 14. OK how do I do this, I'm not familiar with the layout of Tampa International, where to I locate these runways/gates? Do I use the flight Director on the ground to guid me where to go?

Hi there, I am not sure of the answer to number 1 but number two I can. When they request you to taxi to XX gate there should be an option to turn on the progressive taxi. When you do this there will be yellow arrows on the taxi way to guide you where ever you need to go. Hopefully this will help you. :)Tony

Guest TonyPiech

Thnks for the response on Taxing after Landing, hopefully somebody can give me a response to Question #1. :-)

Hi,You may want to try instrument landings using a prop aircraft first.Everything happens a little slower, giving you more time to set up for intercepting the localizer and then capturing the glideslope from below.Then, try the Learjet.I tried following the "boxes" but it was not as easy as just following the nav instruments.I saved a practice flight on approach (prop job) and played the same filght (reset it whenever I messed up) until I got it right.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW