Sign in to follow this  
dhondt

Very long charging time to be able to use a flightplan

Hi
I've been using P2ATC very often for a long time. I love this program and Dave's support is hard to beat in terms of competence and speed. He deserves a big thank you for this.

My problem:
For some time now I've had a loadingtime-problem with P2ATC. Of course, the program itself needs a certain amount of time to start. But if I then want to call up the saved route EGLL2EDDF, for example, it suddenly takes longer than 2 minutes (I stopped the time with the stopwatch) until this flight plan is available in the P2ATC. And if I then want to enlarge the map (during the flight for example), it takes "an eternity" again until the map is clear and sharp up to the very edge.

Since my other programs otherwise start very quickly, I assume that the problem must really be with the P2ATC-program.

What could be the cause and how could that be remedied?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards

dhondt

There is an option to Calculate Safe Enroute Altitudes on the main Config tab.  Uncheck this option when you are flying long routes or high enough that terrain is not an issue.

With this option on, the program has to check the entire route for safe altitudes.

Dave

@ Dave
Fast and competent as always, Dave!

I deactivated the "Calculate save EnR ..." as recommended. And now Pilot2ATC is running like a turbo again.
That seems to have been the problem.

I can only repeat again and again: A really great program, Pilot2ATC.

Many thanks for the help.

Regards
dhondt