Sign in to follow this  
kiemdoder

No response from ATC after using "say it"

I installed pilot2atc yesterday and got it to connect to FS2020 but when I use the "say it" feature to say something to ATC I don't get any response. I have a flight plan which I also imported to FS2020 and pilot2atc is showing the green indicator at the bottom left to indicate that the simulated aeroplane in FS2020 is running etc. The flight plan was validated and filed (both buttons are green).

I tried several phrases including the "ready to copy" one which I've seen several people started with but I have not had any response on any of the phrases that I tried.

The radio frequency was picked from the list that pops up after clicking the "Freq" button. I also checked on the Navigraph taxi chart and the same frequency appeared there. So I am confident that I had the right frequency dialed in.

There was a popup warning about setting up speech recognition but I did not try to use my voice, only the say it feature.

The SayIt feature uses the speech recognition engine also.  SO all the requirements, like having a Mic installed and having the English Language set up properly, etc. apply to using SayIt.

Dave