Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

P3Dv4.5 Cockpit Tooltips blinking screen with pointer

I have the P3Dv4.5 with the last update. I have an issue with flashing monitor screen that can be fixed with Cockpit Tooltips setting OFF. I had been using P3d for years and suddenly P3d started with this issue in question.
The flashing screen appears only when the mouse pointer is placed over any object which contains the tooltips text.
Example: I place the mouse pointer over the object, the screen flashes and the tooltips text appears. I wait for the tooltips text disappears or I move the mouse pointer to a different place the flashing screen appears again and the tooltips text goes away.
So, the Cockpit Tooltips actuates also like an On/Off switch for flickering the screen.
I have the P3D installed with Windows 10 last version 19042. This issue started around 2 weeks after windows update.
I recorded a video to show the issue but the video didn't show the flashes. That's weird no sense.
How to fix it?
Patricio

Patricio Valdes

Patricio,

You mentioned:

"I have the P3D installed with Windows 10 last version 19042."

My 2 PC's one old and one newer only have WIN10 19041.

MS Update has not offered me a newer version update yet.

Do you have a newer or older PC?

How did you get the newer WIN10 update?

On my P3Dv4.5HF3 all ok with Tool Tips WIN10 19041..

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

Patricio,

You mentioned:

"I have the P3D installed with Windows 10 last version 19042."

My 2 PC's one old and one newer only have WIN10 19041.

MS Update has not offered me a newer version update yet.

Do you have a newer or older PC?

How did you get the newer WIN10 update?

On my P3Dv4.5HF3 all ok with Tool Tips WIN10 19041..

Type Info on "Search" line from Desktop and you find the windows version. Mine says: Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Probably your windows 10 is not Pro.

Patricio Valdes

16 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Type Info on "Search" line from Desktop and you find the windows version. Mine says: Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Probably your windows 10 is not Pro.

Mine is WIN10 Home

On my P3Dv4.5HF3 all ok with Tool Tips WIN10 Home 19041

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Mine is WIN10 Home

On my P3Dv4.5HF3 all ok with Tool Tips WIN10 Home 19041

I will wait for the next windows build to see if P3D tooltips blinking stops.

Patricio Valdes

I spent almost 6 hours to reverse windows 10 version 19042 to 17134 and P3D tooltips became normal as intended. But as MS2020 required higher windows 10 version I upgraded to version 18363 and P3D tooltips issues came back. So, I upgraded back to version 19042. I couldn't find the windows version 19041 so I have to wait for the next Windows 10 Build version.

I think something from Windows 10 set a value in the Registry interfering with P3Dv4.5 cockpit tooltips text. Or, probably there is a new setting for a kind of windows tooltips text that can be turned Off. I found also checking the properties of the Prepar3D.exe file to open the Compatibility TAB then select Disable Fullscreen Optimizations, the tooltips text stops blinking. I think this is not the correct solution but it helps. Now P3Dv4.5 works in Windows 10 with Compatibility setting, it doesn't make sense.

Edited by trisho0
n/a

Patricio Valdes

After found other user said the windows update does change graphics Nvidia settings I tried to play with that. First, I changed the properties P3D compatibility as normal, as it should indeed I opened Nvidia Control Panel. So, I selected the Task Set up G-SYNC and found nothing selected. I enabled G-SYNC and selected Enable for windowed and full screen mode, applied to make in effect the change. Immediately, I deselected the Enable G-SYNC so all became blank, applied and closed the Nvidia Control Panel.

Launched P3Dv4.5 and cockpit tooltips working as a charm again. The P3D icon still properties compatibility normal nothing selected for compatibility.

I hope my experience helps to others having that annoying issue. 

Edited by trisho0
n/a

Patricio Valdes