Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Custom Camera Setup Question

I'm trying to set up some custom views in the C172.

I know how to set the views the trouble is moving the camera up and down.  I'm using the default up and down arrow keys but when pressed they jump up or down too far.  How can I get a finer movement up or down so I can set the custom camera to the exact position I'm looking for.

Secondly, are these custom views aircraft specific, can I set Alt -1 as the C172 radio stack, then in the Airbus and set Alt -1 as the overhead panel - is this possible.

Glen

I use my mouse for fine tuning camera positions.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

' Secondly, are these custom views aircraft specific, can I set Alt -1 as the C172 radio stack, then in the Airbus and set Alt -1 as the overhead panel - is this possible. '

Yes they are aircraft specific.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

My TM Warthog has a 'flipper' shift key. When I do a shift mainhat up it sets a new Alt 1 to whatever is on my screen. When I do a normal mainhat up (unshifted) it jumps to that view. Thus I set up a 'landing view' for each new aircraft when I fly it easily in a few seconds. When landing I jump to that view with that hat push to have both the world below and the main instrument cluster in full view at the same time.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I use my mouse for fine tuning camera positions.

That doesn't raise the seat up and down it just tilts the view up or down.  What I am trying to do is raise the seat up and down slowly.  There is an option for this in the Options Camera page but it sets the simulator default. I'm just need to slow down the up and down arrow keys.

Glen

This used to work for me in older sims to do what you want, maybe it will in MSFS. Or maybe not.

Windows control panel, small icons, keyboard, character repeat rate: move the slider to slowest speed.