Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

How about implementing ATC communications ambiance?

Bryan and team,

How about implementing an ATC ambiance for FS2Crew products?

As a 'medium-core' simmer I don't want the additional workload of managing ATC communications procedures with softwares like Radar Contact and alike.

However, I would be very interested by simplified  'ambiance' communications between the flightdeck and ATC. It does not have to be accurate. And by nature, it cannot be either of course.

Departure/arrival runways, SID/STAR, transition level, position of the aircraft are available from the FMC, winds from the sim, and so on... in order to trigger or feed ATC messages content.

What do you think personally?

And do you think it can be of interest for a large fraction of FS2Crew users?

I'm curious.

Of course I realize that in case of interest, such a feature could be only implemented in the (very) distant future, taking into account addons updates already in your work pipeline, without speaking of MSFS2020.

- TONY -

Oh I see. Sorry, not being a developer, I was not aware for the PMDG SDK 'limitation'.

My rationale was based on the fact that in my view, you already have access to many data (I think), to make the captain and copilot speak and act the way they do in FS2Crew products.

- TONY -