Sign in to follow this  
GentleGroove

7.43 - Trojan warning upon installation

Hi

I've downloaded version 7.43 and upon install, Kaspersky is giving me a trojan warning. It indicates the presence of the win32.trickster trojan and will not allow me to continue the installation, as well as requiring immediate disinfection.

I've tried notifying the developer through the contact form on the website but it doesn't seem to be working. How can I report this so the file is checked?

Rgds

LPMA

If you're using Kaspersky, it's most likely a false positive. It used to be the most commonly used anti-malware suite but after certain governments warned of its possible ties to foreign agents, many people switched. I use Malwarebytes and neither it nor Windows Defender have a problem with the file.

The VOXATC developer monitors this subforum, so I'm sure he's checked this thread. BTW, what is the problem with the VOXATC contact page?

12 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you're using Kaspersky, it's most likely a false positive. It used to be the most commonly used anti-malware suite but after certain governments warned of its possible ties to foreign agents, many people switched. I use Malwarebytes and neither it nor Windows Defender have a problem with the file.

The VOXATC developer monitors this subforum, so I'm sure he's checked this thread. BTW, what is the problem with the VOXATC contact page?

Hi

I've been using Kaspersky for quite a few years and am pretty happy with it. If it's a false positive, I'll probably just disable it during installation or make VOXATC an exception.

Regarding the contact page, after filling the forms and pressing "send", nothing happens, no idea why.

Cheers

LPMA

The contact form has been updated to avoid spam messages and may be doing too good a job. It's being looked into, please try again.