Sign in to follow this  
Xohlon

Not able to unlock device settings XP 750

Not able to unlock device settings XP 750 in my Airfoillabs King Air 350.

Therefore I should purchase and install the XP 750, but.. I already did that. There is also a reference to the Garmin Aviation Trainers app, but when I execute it tells me that the app is installed, although I cannot find that file in different directories.

I downloaded the zipfile "GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211" but the "Trainer" lacks everywhere I looked.

In different airplanes the plugin does not full function.

The GTN 750 is a fantastic addon, so please help me...:)

Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure to understand what is the exact problem you're trying to describe.

Can you please just step back and describe in simple terms what have you done, step by step, from the get go?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm used to set up a navigation with the GTN 750, which is now added to the KA 350. The problem is that in the Settings of the GTN the connection to the KA 350 is Locked and cannot be connected as a Master Device as GPS to Autopilot. Or perhaps I do something wrong?

I have experienced a problem where the settings seemed to refuse to let me keep the Master device setting on #1 with my dual 750 setup. I think it related to changing the autopilot integration settings while trying to understand the descriptions of same in the manual versus the interaction with my aircraft's systems (Bell 412 and 429). I ended up editing the INI file by hand to set the Master to #1 after learning how the sections relate to each other and the units/displays. The problem went away, I'm sorry to say so I can't tell you how I got there. But it did happen.

@Xohlon Did the KA350 setup for the RXP come with an RXP INI file? If so  maybe replace the one you now have with the original INI file that came with the KA350/RXP setup. The problem can happen with something in the iNI file. 

Edited by Bob Denny
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 6:51 AM, Xohlon said:

Not able to unlock device settings XP 750 in my Airfoillabs King Air 350.

Therefore I should purchase and install the XP 750, but.. I already did that. There is also a reference to the Garmin Aviation Trainers app, but when I execute it tells me that the app is installed, although I cannot find that file in different directories.

I downloaded the zipfile "GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211" but the "Trainer" lacks everywhere I looked.

In different airplanes the plugin does not full function.

The GTN 750 is a fantastic addon, so please help me...:)

I understand what he's saying as that while in the AFL KA350 he isn't able to Unlock the device settings for the GTN750. Personally my system lets me make the primary gtn the "Master" however when I try to go into the device settings, everything is locked out. I cant make any changes thus making the unit all but useless to me. When I turn off the gtn as the master and go back to the Gamin 530, everything works like a champ, but I didnt purchase the gtn750 only to have to use the 530. Any input would be greatly appreciated. As a side note, I wasnt having any issues until the latest AFL KA350 update.

~Cheers

Hi,

The RXP settings can be configured by aircraft vendors in order to protect such settings deemed essential for the integration. Either they are locked for a specific reason and this would be expected then, or if settings were fine in previous versions, it is possible there was a problem with the KA350 pre-configured RXP ini file in the latest update.

Can you post the content of the 2 RXP ini files located in the aircraft folder (please make sure to also wrap the content in your post using the "spoiler" icon in the toolbar - the eye icon)

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

4 hours ago, Captain Panik 22 said:

Has there been any resolution to this issue. I am having the same problem.

Hi, there is no resolution because there is no issue!

However it is possible something in your installation is interfering.

You are having the same problem, but which one? The same problem in the OP with the same aircraft? Another aircraft? What problem exactly?

Can you please elaborate exactly what you're observing and what you were expecting?

The issue ...

after installing the GTN 750 i opened it up into the AFL king air 350. Two panels. I chose the master for panel one and etc. it worked great for a few flights. Then one day it was just black screens. I went into settings and what appeared down the left column were red pad locks. 

I have uninstalled the program and will try a reboot. 

Do you have any information about the red locks.

thank you

Ok I see what you mean now.

Please make sure to review the RXP GTN User's Manual. These icons are explained in detail near the beginning, and in further details in the more advanced configuration chapters.

HELLO, IT'S VERY EASY, YOU OPEN THE RALITYXP.GTN.INI FILE AND CHANGE LOCKED BY UNLOCKED, SAVE AND THAT'S ALL

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_725_2, GTN_750_1

[GTN_750_1]
; comma separated list of read only settings.
locked = MasterDevice, NavDbType, HardwareDevice

BY

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_725_2, GTN_750_1

[GTN_750_1]
; comma separated list of read only settings.
unlocked = MasterDevice, NavDbType, HardwareDevice