Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

On 7/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, DChockey08 said:

Just gave it a try this morning. 

Unfortunately, activating the app causes P3D to be unable to load to the main menu. 

@fs1 I understand if you're not developing the app anymore, but on the off chance you decide to make it P3Dv6 compatible, let me know if there's anything I can do to help/test.

So is not working at all? What version are you using?

Federico Sucari

Hi guys.

I´m still on P3Dv4.5. Does the latest version (0.6) work with V4.5 and is there a FPS loss ?

I understand that v1.0.0.2 doesn´t cause the FPS loss, but it doesn´t take the user aircraft into account for the departure/landing runways correct ?

Thanks

Eduardo

20 hours ago, DuduGuimaraes said:

Hi guys.

I´m still on P3Dv4.5. Does the latest version (0.6) work with V4.5 and is there a FPS loss ?

I understand that v1.0.0.2 doesn´t cause the FPS loss, but it doesn´t take the user aircraft into account for the departure/landing runways correct ?

Thanks

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo

When I had 0.6 running in P3Dv4.5 (now uninstalled) I did not find any issues with FPS loss. Some others did, but it seems to be a hit and miss affair as to whether you experience the issue or not. Best to try it out.

And the app does not have any influence over the user aircraft you are flying. It only controls the arrival and departure of AI aircraft at those airports, so this means that let's say you are departing from an airport with multiple take off runways, you could schedule yourself for one runway for take off and have AI taking off on the other, or you can configure the airport to have multiple take off runways in use that you and AI aircraft can utilize at the same time.

Same goes for arrivals too. You can also adjust the percentage utilization of AI that use one or more runways.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

5 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Hi Eduardo

When I had 0.6 running in P3Dv4.5 (now uninstalled) I did not find any issues with FPS loss. Some others did, but it seems to be a hit and miss affair as to whether you experience the issue or not. Best to try it out.

And the app does not have any influence over the user aircraft you are flying. It only controls the arrival and departure of AI aircraft at those airports, so this means that let's say you are departing from an airport with multiple take off runways, you could schedule yourself for one runway for take off and have AI taking off on the other, or you can configure the airport to have multiple take off runways in use that you and AI aircraft can utilize at the same time.

Same goes for arrivals too. You can also adjust the percentage utilization of AI that use one or more runways.

Thanks for the answer. Will give it a try.

Regarding the user aircraft: let’s say KDCA is operating on RNW 01 with a 2 kt tailwind. I set up ATCAPI for RNW 01, but ATC will assign me RNW19 correct ? So ATC will likely clear aircraft to takeoff from runway 01 when I’m landing right ?

thanks

Eduardo

11 hours ago, DuduGuimaraes said:

Thanks for the answer. Will give it a try.

Regarding the user aircraft: let’s say KDCA is operating on RNW 01 with a 2 kt tailwind. I set up ATCAPI for RNW 01, but ATC will assign me RNW19 correct ? So ATC will likely clear aircraft to takeoff from runway 01 when I’m landing right ?

thanks

Eduardo

Default ATC will use the prevailing winds to determine the runway operation, so if you know runway 19 is in operation from an ATC perspective, I would set ATCAPI to use the same take-off runway to avoid any conflicts between your user aircraft and the AI.
Sometimes though the default ATC I have found can be unpredictable.

And yes, based on what you stated above, this could happen which is why its best to "sync" ATCAPI with the weather conditions in the sim and prevailing winds.

What I usually do is, I fire up the sim and I usually have my flightplan loaded and ASP3D (weather add-on) running. I check for weather conditions and the prevailing winds. ATCAPI is already loaded on sim start-up so I will check the ATCAPI config file (I have a shortcut on my desktop to this file) and ensure the runways for the airport in this app are consistent with the runways in use as displayed in ASP3D. If they are not consistent, I will make edits in the ATCAPI config file to ensure the correct take off and arrival runways are being used. I will then save it and then using the ATCAPI UI to then click the Reload button. This will force ATCAPI to load the recently changed config file.

This pretty much works consistently 99% of the time unless there are weather conditions where wind direction is fluctuating rapidly.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!