Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

Honeycomb's idea of customer service

10 hours ago, w6kd said:

Well, we only have one side of a tale being told here...we have no idea what was said in the original e-mail to Honeycomb that elicited the response, if the quoted response was accurate or taken out of context, or if the response is part of a longer history that may have established a confrontational relationship between the developer and customer prior to this.  In any event, think it's something of a cheap play to publish one side of a private e-mail conversation, particularly when the other party is not present.

For transparency, this is my email to them. And everything has been published in its entirety, unedited.

You guys should really do something about this, it's absolutely appalling:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=honeycomb+bravo&_sacat=0

It really leaves a bad taste in your mouth to miss out on the preorder to people who are literally tripling the price of the product just to rip people off. I'd give anything to place an order (I have the Alpha), in order to USE it.

And honestly, if you wanted to it would be easy to figure out who these people are. How many orders can you possibly have from Colleyville, Texas, or Windsor, CT? These people should have their orders yanked!

Mike

I was tying to be helpful. The quite clearly couldn't care less. If I owned a business and got this, I would have said, "Hi, thanks for letting us know. We're aware of the situation and are doing our best. We understand the frustration. In the meantime, I would be happy to take a backup order for you."

It seems clear to me they feel like they have enough customers.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tutmeister said:

I think you most of you are missing the point being made. It is not the fact that they can't do much more than they are doing. It is the way they respond to a customer. That opening scentence is downright confrontational.  [edited for space reasons]

Absolutely agree, 100%. However much you may disagree with the customer's viewpoint, courtesy is the order of the day. If you feel the customer has been disrespectful (and in this case, whilst direct, I don't think mtr75's went that far), just say you don't feel there is anything to be gained from continuing a conversation (if it has been to and fro). Instead, Honeycomb have responded in a manner I would expect more from two people arguing on an internet forum, ironically when that's where we're now discussing it.🙄

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The moral of the story is never, ever buy from scalpers.

It's close to blackmail. Never pay the ransom. They are retail terrorists. Don't become the next victim. Sit on your hands and be patient as has been said by others.

Spot on. People seem to have been defending Honeycomb's replay based on this point only, rather than the manner in which they addressed it. Two separate issues, in my opinion.

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

7 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Didn't they address this some months ago on their FB page? I recall reading something about it?

Perhaps they did, I don't Facebook.