Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

Another TrackIR rave

Guest jshyluk

Two things that can help reduce "vertigo":1)I prefer using the "Progressive" setting for all axes. Now that I am getting more interested in acrobatics, I feel the need to change the Y-axis a bit, but for most flying, "Progressive" is my favourite.2)Keep your frame rates robust. If you are at 15 or below, the choppiness might give you headaches and motion sickness. 20+ fps is what you should strive for, the more the better!Bonus: As was said before, you can map out the F9 and F12 to controller buttons. I have them mapped to the mouse. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest Shalomar

It just came today... *So* cool-**I am a better pilot Than I was Before Track IR**Spent all evening and night flying around, it does work with some VCs better than others. My Bell 206 piloting has gotten better overnight once I was used to Track IR. Other aircraft I flew today were the Piper Arrow, Bell 430 and Cessna 172. The pattern has gotten much easier. The Simviation Bell 430 has a VC that seems to be a problem for Track IR, I didn't like the default position and it was hard to get my head over the panel. The 206 is great though. At first I liked the Arrow VC better than the 172 but I got used to the 172 after a while.I had a problem, when I was testing Track IR the .exe closed like ten times- Microsoft got a lot of error messages!!! I called tech; they had me change my hardware profile so that my USB hub would not be shut off to save power. That seemed to help a lot- tracking had quit working after a few minutes and with it crashing faithfully every minute or so...After I got off the phone with tech it closed one more time. I restarted it, fired up FSX and flew for hours and hours, no problem. So I am happy so far. Even with the problems I had it was less than 20 minutes from opening the box to loving it.So it didn't even take half an hour, I loved it from the start.Pricey, but worth it!!!Best regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Good to hear it is working better..........