Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

Another TrackIR rave

I just got mine this morning. I expected to have to spend time tweaking and adjusting-but I just plugged it in-downloaded the newest software version but clicking update (I wish all software had this-including fs aircraft-I can't always keep up with what is updated when)-fired up fsx-and am simply amazed! It runs perfectly and by far exceeds what I even imagined/expected.The flying experience is increased 100 fold, and I don't know why I resisted getting one of these for so long. I'd rave some more but I can't break myself away from the sim now....

Glad to hear! I just ordered mine and was wondering what great installation mystery awauted me also1 :)From all the demos and comments, it looks like a way to go.Can't wait to try it out.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Good to hear Geof,I have not taken the TrackIR plunge ever, but I think about it...So it works pretty well with FSX?Is the panning decently smooth?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest spiffy_scimitar

>Good to hear Geof,>I have not taken the TrackIR plunge ever, but I think about>it...>>So it works pretty well with FSX?>>Is the panning decently smooth?>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig>7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster PraetorianRhett, you have exactly my system. Depends on what you mean by smooth. Track IR does not impact your performance in any way.. however, looking left and right quickly will be just as taxing as using your hat switch or looking around in skew mode.. so if you get stutters there now, your heaad movements will see stutters too (loading autogen and scenery for your visibility arc and all that.) So it won't cure performance issues, but it will immerse you in the feeling you're in the cockpit about a hundred fold. get it!!

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Glad to hear you are enjoying it, and if you have any issues feel free to let me know.

Can we expect the same smooth panning we get when using the spacebar/mouse combination. I have found my joystick produces more lag with the hat switch, while the mouse pan is smooth as butter...just wondering, its going to be ordered today - wife's birthday gift for me.... :)d- -

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Yep, should be just as smooth as mouse-panning, if not better.

Which version of the TrackIR did you buy? Thanks.Bob..

Guest SilentGlider

OK, I'm sold too, just ordered mine from www.buy.com. At least I think I did. They're offering an additional $10 off if you use Google Checkout. By the time I got to the end of the process, I wasn't completely sure who I bought the product from and I can't check my order status until I get home tonight since I used my home email address and I need to activate my account from a message they sent to me.Has anyone else ordered the TrackIR 4 successfully from www.buy.com or should I be worried?

On its way!! Ordered it and can't wait. Bummer I have to wait till the 29th to open it up and try it out....oh well, worth it im sure. Thanks for the info, it sure sold me on it.d - -

You guys are killing me. Now I've got something else on my wishlist for this expensive hobby. Still, not as expensive as my astronomy hobby that I started in August, even with a new computer.Ian.

Guest SilentGlider

>OK, I'm sold too, just ordered mine from www.buy.com. At>least I think I did. They're offering an additional $10 off>if you use Google Checkout. By the time I got to the end of>the process, I wasn't completely sure who I bought the product>from and I can't check my order status until I get home>tonight since I used my home email address and I need to>activate my account from a message they sent to me.>>Has anyone else ordered the TrackIR 4 successfully from>www.buy.com or should I be worried?Nevermind, checked the order status when I got home and it's already shipped and scheduled for delivery tomorrow (even with the free economy shipping option). One of the advantages of only being an hour drive away from their warehouse.

I completely agree! I've used it as a development tool for a long time. It's a great tool for zooming in and seeing exactly how things look in the VC.Best,Owen

Guest iguana11

Ordered mine yesterday as well from Page Computers and should be here Monday - in time for some flying on Turkey Day. ;-) I have had my eye on this since the original model but after seeing the many videos on the Net for the 4 Pro I was hooked. I still have plans for a cockpit but this will get me through for awhile.I also want to say hello to everyone. I am a simmer from WAY back but been away for awhile. Even had to get a new login here on Avsim. I even remember some here from the Pro Pilot days as well! Best regards.