Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

[Answered] AILRP V 1.24.0.0 Performance hit with AI

Hi Simbol,

since updating your AILRP to 1.24.0.0 yesterday, I got massive performance decrease with AI upon the air (so when airborn) and only if AI planes are on my ND within a range of 40NM. Mostly it occurs when I have 3 to 4 planes within this range. 1 does not really hit...but beyond 1 is getting massive hits.  It does not always hit FPS with 3 to 4 AI in range. So maybe it is related to some models?

Massive means, if I switch off AI traffic at that moment the FPS went down already, by reducing the in sim sliders to "0", my FPS goes straight up from 25/30 to 40/45. Within VR it is very noticeable also. But switching VR off and test again, this hit is also noticeable.

Switching AI sliders back to 100% does bring down the FPS again, only as long the planes are still around. When the planes are "offsite" and not rendered anymore, my FPS goes up also to normal average ranges (for me 40/45 with VR on).

This is the only change I made yesterday. Before (I believe with AILRP 1.23.0.0.) it was always slightly reducing performance with AI,  but within an normal range, like it should be with AI set on.

I tested at EDDF area, LDDU also and EFHK. No difference.

Does your "update" have any negative affect because P3D V5.1 isn´t updated with the HF yet?

I deleted shaders already. Applied the changes within your app ofcourse after updating yesterday. Scanned AI, etc.

Did you have any other complains about this from others?

Of course, if you are running at 60 FPS and have FPS limited to 30, most likely you will not notice this. But if you are running at unlimited, with 40/45 FPS in VR mode......this is very noticable.

And as AI switching off has direct influence on this.....there must be something going on.

A feedback would be welcome. Maybe I just have to wait on the P3D V5.1 HFx update.....

Marcus

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.1.8.26742

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on 20201023
OS Build 19042.630
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.2 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX 3090 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | BETA
FSRGW
ChasePlane | Via ORBX
FSReborn Prof.
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM | Latest Version
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Aerosoft Airbus A330 | Latest Version
Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
FSLABS A320X | Latest Version
FSLABS A321X | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX TE NCA
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The change performed to AILRP V1.24 is to catch a future P3D shader file change that is coming soon with HF1. Therefore AIRLP hasn't change anything in your system because HF1 hasn't been released to general public yet.

Conclusion

It is not AILRP. most likely other variables.. AI traffic schedules, etc. AILRP is an "inactive" add-on, I don't attach anything to P3D at runtime or external. This ensures your system performance remains "un-affected" at all times.

Most likely it is related to a change to nvidia drivers, or traffic time tables schedules. AI traffic is what hits P3D performance the most..

Regards,

S.

39 minutes ago, simbol said:

The change performed to AILRP V1.24 is to catch a future P3D shader file change that is coming soon with HF1. Therefore AIRLP hasn't change anything in your system because HF1 hasn't been released to general public yet.

Conclusion

It is not AILRP. most likely other variables.. AI traffic schedules, etc. AILRP is an "inactive" add-on, I don't attach anything to P3D at runtime or external. This ensures your system performance remains "un-affected" at all times.

Most likely it is related to a change to nvidia drivers, or traffic time tables schedules. AI traffic is what hits P3D performance the most..

Regards,

S.

Good to know. I will have to search further.

I did flew yesterday almost whole day. Not one change in between, only your Addon got updated. 

But your explanation was clear, thanks. I will wait for P3D to update (hopefully soon) and uninstall all the 3 elements and install the new version again.

Thanks for your quick repsonse Simbol!

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

I will wait for P3D to update (hopefully soon) and uninstall all the 3 elements and install the new version again.

In that case go and download it.. it is now public.. :wink

S.