Sign in to follow this  
markcellis

FS-ATC-Chatter Feedback

...ok I installed the navdatareader and the files now up-to-date. Can I delete the whole dir from navdatareader, or it must exist?

6 hours ago, AranonAMG said:

Oh my god… I‘m using google translation… I‘m sorry… 

I start in-flight at New York and the radio traffic comes… at the next time I started at the same point, it comes „out of range“

I hope, it‘s better… sorry for my bad english. 

The chatter you hear should be very dependent on the frequency you have tuned assuming you are using automatic controllers. Are you using the assigned ATC frequencies or are you picking them manually?

Mark

5 hours ago, AranonAMG said:

...ok I installed the navdatareader and the files now up-to-date. Can I delete the whole dir from navdatareader, or it must exist?

Once you have copied over the generated database to the FS-ATC-Chatter folder you do not need to keep the NavDataReader around. That said, if you tend to buy and install new scenery you might want to keep it in case you need to run it again to get it to match the new scenery you installed.

Mark

2 hours ago, markcellis said:

Once you have copied over the generated database to the FS-ATC-Chatter folder you do not need to keep the NavDataReader around. That said, if you tend to buy and install new scenery you might want to keep it in case you need to run it again to get it to match the new scenery you installed.

Mark

Yes, it works. Wow what a great feeling... The generated database was the key. Thanks a lot and many thanks for this awesome addon.

Greetings

Marco

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks for a great and affordable companion for MSFS. I never fly without it! I have kept the region files up to date over time with the expansions that have been released. Now I am starting to notice that the volume on some of the sound files is very faint.

I know there are thousands of files but is it possible to check and align the volume across all of them?

BR Søren

I always run them through MP3Gain to get them to a common level. If it is possible can you give me the names of one mp3 and which region / controller it is in that you think is faint? Maybe I missed some.

Mark

• Upvote 1

Hi, here's a few from the Europe region: EU-HTS-349, 350 and 396.

They are probably a bit tricky since the volume for the ATC part is actually OK.

The ones I was referring to initially were from the US, but there are so many that it will probably take a while before I hear them again 🙂

Overall it is not a big deal at all.

@SuperKaro2014

I did a spot check and it does look like I may have missed adjusting the track gain on a number of clips. I'm planning on doing a update later this year which will include a universal updater for SRS products that can detect when new updates are available and install them without so much manual user intervention. When I do that I'll run all the clips through the gain adjustment process just to make sure they are all at a similar level.

Mark

• Like 1

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your product, it supports and adds to the experience. I now fly VR, I use to fly P2ATC and was able to configure the folder structure such as;

Region / ICOA /  Gnd twr clr  etc

this enabled me to have local airport ATC files. I spent a great deal of time creating these files.  

My question is;  is it possible to replicate what i did in P2ATC and have local files playing at tuned in frequencies?  IE when at KLAX , tuned into GRD, it would play the file  'region/KLAX/GRN' folder?

Hello Mark

Here is some other feedback suggestion.

When tuning into a new frequency, that is the time you most likely to interact with ATC.

Would it be possible to say play one file then auto pause for about 40 seconds before playing other files?  This then enables the pilot to tune in listen to some ATC, then communicate in a window without having to manually pause.

Thanks

Paul 

Paul,

I assume you are using the FS2020 ATC and not Pilot2ATC. If that is correct I think you might be onto to something. Do you think the delay after tuning and hearing the first clip should be configurable separate from the max delay setting?

@rcarlson1971 Do you think this would be difficult to implement in the player?

Mark

11 hours ago, paulsharp100 said:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your product, it supports and adds to the experience. I now fly VR, I use to fly P2ATC and was able to configure the folder structure such as;

Region / ICOA /  Gnd twr clr  etc

this enabled me to have local airport ATC files. I spent a great deal of time creating these files.  

My question is;  is it possible to replicate what i did in P2ATC and have local files playing at tuned in frequencies?  IE when at KLAX , tuned into GRD, it would play the file  'region/KLAX/GRN' folder?

I have been adding something similar to X-ATC-Chatter version 1.7 so this may make sense for FS-ATC-Chatter. How would we handle center in this case? Approach control might also be a bit tricky? I would need to talk to @rcarlson1971 to see what he thinks as he is the developer for the FS-ATC-Chatter player.

Mark

3 minutes ago, markcellis said:

I have been adding something similar to X-ATC-Chatter version 1.7 so this may make sense for FS-ATC-Chatter. How would we handle center in this case? Approach control might also be a bit tricky? I would need to talk to @rcarlson1971 to see what he thinks as he is the developer for the FS-ATC-Chatter player.

Mark

Hi Mark,

What I would do is add some logic;  does the 'airport' folder exist, if yes play those files otherwise play just resort to status quo.

Clearly to have every airport is problematic in storage and creation, however for those who fly to regular airports then this would be a nice feature.

It might be worth setting up a public repository so we can contribute our ATC files?? 

Hello and greetings everyone.

I've started using this apps since 17th January 2021. I got to say that I really really like it. Good job to the devs 🙂

Anyway, I just have one suggestion. Can you guys put an option in the apps so that when I go to external view, the ATC cannot be heard.

Currently when I'm in external view I can heard the ATC.

Hope to hear some good news from your side regarding this small improvement.

Cheers! 🙂