Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

P3Dv5.1 HF1 Fresh Install Hangs on Opening Screen

Hello, 

I did a fresh download and install of the complete 5.1 HF1 install and it lets me enter my validation code for authorizing via the internet, but on the very first scenario screen where you select a plane, airport, etc. things go terribly wrong - the planes don't show 3D models when selected (or if they do they're oversized), and I cannot change airports or even start the scenario for the default airport before it hangs and CTDs.  (one clue - it doesn't appear that the default scenario IS a default - it seems to be an airport in Africa or something and I thought the default scenario was an air base in Florida?).

I tried to completely delete all remnants of my past P3D installs (including P3Dv5) first by uninstalling everything (seemed to work) as well as deleting all traces of P3D files in Users/Roaming etc. and I renamed my add ons folder in documents to try to keep it from sniffing out a scenery that wasn't compatible and CTD-ing that way.

Did I miss a step somewhere, perhaps a remnant of an incompatible scenery or old files is around someplace I didn't check that needs to be deleted (I did notice when I first looked for my Prepar3D.cfg file that there were old v5.0 files lurking in the folder, but I've since deleted all of that prior to a second clean from scratch install and still have the CTD.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

No problems installing the original P3Dv5 , correct?

Note:

There are instructions for Downloading and Installing P3D at the top of the P3D forum.

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I've seen P3D hang on the splash screen a couple of times and it was always an issue with scenery.  Either scenery that would not work in v5 (although this usually becomes a problem only after selecting or being near that scenery), or errors with the add-on.xml or add-on.cfg (depending on how installed), or references to a scenery that is not there.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks guys...there was one folder I missed deleting left over from the old P3D installs...all is working well now!

Steve