Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Elevation fixes for Eastern US (released)

Very nice. Most of the biggest spikes in the KROA area are gone, especially the giant one that was right next to the airport. Still a few within a 15-mile radius to the south, east and northeast of KROA, but a huge improvement. thanks! This is something Asobo should have done with the USA update.

Edited by desbean

Wonderful addon! I really appreciate it!

I'm not sure what is the best method to show elevation issues still present in your wonderful addon...

But, I did a flight from KMKJ->KVJI->KTRI and found several lake and river elevation issues near KMKJ. I did not capture the spikes, but here is the path I took:

bFrihac.jpg

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thanks for the report guys, I will fix in the next build and update.
Yes, there are a few areas I did not have a chance yet to comb over as carefully as I would like, kind of pending on those.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Looking good!

Thank you for the updated elevation files! I just re flew KMKJ->KVJI->KTRI and the noted elevation issues were resolved!

I know this is a lot of hard work and I just want to let you know how much I appreciate it!

The Appalachians are now a much better place to fly!

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Found a few more lake elevation issues at just NW of KPSK:

xIglIQy.png

xTgWA1q.png

• Like 1