Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

How to disable VOR or airport (Freezes near KPT/EDMK)

Hello community,

as stated here, some users, including me, have freezes near EDMK or KPT VOR in southern Germany, Kempten.

I have of course filed that bug in ZenDesk, but I think it will take a long, long time or will never fixed.

So I try to find a fix for that region. My first try would be to deaktivate KPT VOR or the little airfield EDMK as the freezes are around this two locations and I think the more far away I fly. the less are the stutters/freezes.

My question would be now if anyone knows a way to disable the VOR and EDMK airfield?

And anybody is welcome to fly around there and test if there are also freezes and vote up my linked thread in the MSFS forum.

many thanks for your help!

Edited by guenseli
too big fingers

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can disable handcraft airports in the Content manager.

To disable any others you would need to go into the developer mode, create a new project and start removing stuff the way you would if you were creating a new bespoke airport.

Start with htis video:

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

thx for answering.

Is it then possible to make these editions unhappen? or does it mean I have to reinstall the whole sim?

Are there any other recommedations or tricks, so that I can see if there are any faulty objects in this region?

Guenter Steiner

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

You can disable handcraft airports in the Content manager.

Guenter, is this an add-on airfield or is it a default airfield of the MSFS?

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

Hi Christian, it is a default airfield

Guenter Steiner

Guenter.

I've been flying around the area for around 20 minutes. I couldn't notice any jerks or any other disturbances. The simulation ran flawlessly and the FPS remained stable.

You have probably already tried to delete your community folder temporarily and regenerate the Content.xml? It could well be possible that an add-on is causing you to jerk.

Which plane did you fly with?

Edited by Christian Bahr

www.bahrometrix.de

Hi Guenter.

I did a few tests in the area. It was flown with different high or low graphic settings. The flight went smoothly, the graphics settings remained at my usual settings. After about 3 minutes of flight time around the VOR Kempten, I set the graphics settings higher - from partly high to partly ultra (buildings, trees, texture synthesis, vector data, etc.). From here on, there were small dropouts of around 1-2 seconds for the first time. And even if I had reset the graphics settings of Ultra back to high, these 1-2 second dropouts remained. These dropouts persisted even with low graphics settings. These are my observations. In the region where I usually travel, namely in the Ruhr Area (Germany), I've never had that. Maybe it's a "local problem" !?

Best Regards
Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Ok, we are one step further with Christia help.

We identified that if the slider "Terrain level of Detail" is set to e.g. just 10, then the freezes are gone.

However, if I set it above 50, I can see freezes and I do not have any problems in other regions with the slider above 150.

So, we have now to find out, why in this special area we do have issues with Terrain LOD

Guenter Steiner