Sign in to follow this  
Noel

New Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke & TQ System

I bought one of these in March 19, 2019 and needed a second one now since it's hard to find much of anything else and I really needed it.  I know these are consider 'toy' grade, but honestly for some reason the one I just bought is so much better than was the one I bought 1.7y ago even compared to when it was new.  The TQ was imprecise, had a very scratchy feel to it.  The new one is smooth and much more precise for both yoke and TQ.   For $169 pretty decent for toy grade I am finding.  And no, it's not that the old one wore out it was always pretty marginal esp the TQ.  Perhaps a few parts were improved or something was wrong w/ the older one from the start.  I was going to order a Fulcrum and Honeycomb Bravo, but I don't think it's needed now.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I do not find it clear if  you are praising the products or if you are trying to find another quadrant to purchase.  Please clarify.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

I do not find it clear if  you are praising the products or if you are trying to find another quadrant to purchase.  Please clarify.

Interesting-I was praising the improvement in quality and the fact it's really become good enough compared to the original one I bought 1.7y ago.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

and needed a second one now since it's hard to find much of anything else and I really needed it.

This is what confused me.  Reading your post another two times I believe I see you did purchases a second one.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Interesting-I was praising the improvement in quality and the fact it's really become good enough compared to the original one I bought 1.7y ago.

I purchased one about 6/7 years ago and it was (or got) rough. Purchased a second one about 4/5 years ago and it was (and still is) super smooth. So there is no "recent improvement" in quality, rather just very random qualities...

29 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

I purchased one about 6/7 years ago and it was (or got) rough. Purchased a second one about 4/5 years ago and it was (and still is) super smooth. So there is no "recent improvement" in quality, rather just very random qualities...

I have had three (still have two of them). One, a DIN connector version bundled with a Pro Cessna yoke. The other two of the USB variety.  All were smooth in operation. However I eagerly await their successor..  Bravo for that!  My Saitek quads have served me well.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Good to know I guess that means I got a lemon initially.

Noel

17 hours ago, Noel said:

Good to know I guess that means I got a lemon initially.

I guess so did I. They say you can "lube" it, but haven't yet

Well the one I just bought is better not only in that the levers are very smooth, but it seems of higher resolution now so I can control planes w/o an auto throttle much better now.  I don't think lubing would help much as my old Saitek TQ acted like the levers were contacting something w/ fine grooves running perpendicular to whatever touches it so I kind of doubt that will be fixed.  And it was only 1.7 y/o and was that way from brand new.  Maybe those grooves were in part why I could not fine tune the throttle w/ certain planes--it would either be too much or not enough such that I would have to add spoiler just to try to get the speed stable and steady!

Noel